Legal Counsel, Investments
- Provide legal solutions, partnering with our Investment Team
- Be part of a supportive and collaborative culture
- Great CBD location, close to public transport
Cbus is seeking a Legal Counsel to join its Investment Legal & Governance Team to support Cbus' investment strategy and implementation.
The role of Legal Counsel in the Investment Legal & Governance Team is newly created to provide legal support and advice to the broader Investment Team. The Investment Team invests across a wide asset class including, unlisted infrastructure assets, debt, listed equities, fixed income and pooled funds. Candidates best suited to this role will be lawyers who demonstrate both a high caliber of technical skills, stakeholder management experience and a commercial mindset.
While the Legal Counsel will be required to work across a range of investment areas, Cbus is seeking a candidate with experience in the following:
- managing legal workstreams on direct infrastructure / unlisted equity transactions including, legal due diligence, transaction documents and completion;
- drafting, reviewing and negotiating standard form investment management agreements;
- reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts as required by the Investment Team;
- providing and implementing legal advice in relation to regulatory matters impacting Cbus' investment strategy;
- providing advice and reviewing documentation associated with pooled fund investments; and
- assisting with implementing controls, precedents and checklists.
A successful applicant will be expected to have:
- a current practicing certificate without supervision restrictions;
- minimum of 4 PQE gained in private practice at a reputable law firm or in house at an institutional investment house;
- some negotiation skills commensurate to that of an intermediate lawyer;
- a willingness to learn and develop technical skills beyond their area of expertise;
- excellent stakeholder management skills;
- ability to work in a team in a collaborative manner; and
- an ability to partner with the Investment Team to provide solutions while mitigating legal risk.
You can be part of an award-winning organisation that is genuinely committed to delivering workplace diversity, inclusion and flexible working arrangements as an enabler of our purpose - to act in the best interest of our members and maximise their retirement outcomes.
Like to know more about working with Cbus? Listen to some of our videos with members of the Cbus team on our website. You will also be able to download the full position description from website - www.cbussuper.com.au/about-us/careers. About Cbus
Cbus is one of Australia's largest industry superannuation funds and the national industry fund for the construction, building, infrastructure and allied industries. Established in 1984, Cbus provides superannuation benefits to over 780,000 members, has assets over $50 billion, and accepts contributions from more than 139 000 employers.
Applications Close: 26th February 2020
Please note that this position is based in Melbourne.
Applicants must have current rights to work in Australia
Agencies, please note: All Cbus vacancies are managed by our internal Talent Acquisition Team. Should external assistance be required we will reach out to our preferred agency partners, Thank you.