Formative Search has partnered with a world market leader in Energy, and in Australia, they have begun to immerse themselves in the renewable energy space. With a vision to broaden their Renewable Energy business, the company is looking to hire several key people to join their fast-growing team based in APAC. The main focus of this role is to lead the sourcing and development of M&A opportunities in the renewable sector for APAC, focusing on the origination element of M&A opportunities which are to be strategically aligned and support the business development of renewables within the priority countries for APAC.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Originate a pipeline of target companies (buy-side) within the renewable energy sector
- Research potential acquisitions – to find those that are relevant and financially beneficial.
- Analyse financial reports (public or shared private information), inclusive of the prospective business’s company revenue
- Develop relationships through engaging external stakeholders on the company's strategy for renewable energy within the region.
- Conduct high level assessment of potential target against investment criteria and strategic fit with the APAC portfolio.
- Develop key M&A stakeholder/s map and tracking mechanism to ensure alignment and organisation across the company's internal personnel.
- Facilitate transition of M&A leads and handover for execution to CEO/Country Heads.
- University degree in business administration, finance, economics or equivalent
- Well-rounded commercial & economic awareness and strong understanding of the renewable energy markets
- Familiarity with M&A processes - Familiar with fundamental company acquisitions strategies, and be knowledgeable on merger processes
- Experience in originating projects and / or transactions
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skill & presentation skill
- Strong networking skills with a proven ability to build strong relationships at different levels both internally and external to the organisation and enthusiasm for making connections with new people.