Manager- Tax & Compliance
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 24 Apr 18
See job description for details
- An excellent in-house tax opportunity within one of Australia's major professional services organisation
- Work as part of a collaborative team to further enhance your tax advisory and compliance skills
- Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
The internal Tax & Compliance team within our broader Finance function manages the tax affairs and obligations of the KPMG Australian Firm and its associated entities. This includes fulfilling income tax, GST and FBT compliance obligations in a timely manner as well as providing tax advice on business initiatives and engagements and ensuring the tax risk for the Firm are minimised.
We are currently looking to recruit a driven and team focused individual to deliver quality indirect taxes and FBT advisory services to the business and manage the indirect taxes and FBT compliance and reporting requirements of the Firm. Whilst your key responsibilities will primarily be focused on GST and FBT, you will also assist with other tax matters.
Your new role
Working in close collaboration with the other members of the Tax & Compliance team and the wider Finance function, you will report to the Associate Director - Tax and Compliance and your responsibilities include:
- Manage the Firm's FBT, GST and any other indirect tax related compliance/reporting requirements.
- Evaluate GL accounts to identify appropriate FBT and GST treatment and recognition.
- Provide regular tax support to HR on issues associated with inbound/outbound assignees, employee benefits etc.
- Provide FBT and GST technical support relating to business initiatives and engagements by tailoring advice to business situations and enhancing commercial outcome.
- Work closely with Payroll to fulfil the Firm's Payroll Tax obligations and review of salary packaging applications.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure continuous improvement of tax compliance processes and procedures in all relevant operational areas.
- Manage and work with relevant authorities to efficiently resolve FBT, GST, Payroll Tax and WorkCover related queries/audits.
You bring to the role
You will have:
- Business related Degree and CA/CPA qualification.
- Demonstrable technical and practical experience across FBT, GST, Payroll tax and the ability to apply tax laws to commercial situations.
- Extensive experience in managing a statutory tax compliance program.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to take ownership of multiple deliverables whilst still deliver quality results within the required deadlines.
- Strong stakeholder focus with well-developed influencing, decision-making and communication skills.
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online .
Advertised: 17 Apr 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time