Manager, Network Reliability Engineering
A career that gives you more
The Network Reliability team is responsible for maintaining the health of NAB's Enterprise network and Data Centres by leveraging the latest in high scale networking hardware, multi-tier topology and advanced tooling to solve complex technical problems for our customers. This team is pivotal in driving technology road-maps and changes that ensure a safe and reliable network, manage operational changes, determine root cause of complex issues, develop automated tooling and implement design optimizations that drive reliability. As the manager of engineering team, you'll be working with internal customers and teams to predict and prevent problems before they occur, building new features and services and be responsible for the health and availability of the NAB's Enterprise Network Responsibilities:
Managing our enterprise network and datacentres by establishing and implementing strategic operational procedures implementation network controls that meet business requirements and are in line with agreed strategies and directions, and security risk appetite, specific to problem diagnosis to develop options and solutions to specific problems that are technical in nature. This role may include some out of hours activities to keep enterprise services available for End Users.
You will be accountable for the service resilience, risk, security and change management impacting Enterprise network. They will drive projects to deliver operational maturity uplifts, effectively manage risks, security and compliance as well as being on-point for incidents when they occur. Responsible for managing a team of highly technical Engineers, you will have prior hands on experience across network covering all facets, such as Wireless, Switching & Datacentre experience. What you will bring:
- Experience building and operating large-scale networks & Excellent analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in designing and operating mission critical systems
- Experience in the application of network design, including knowledge of major routing protocols, topology design, network hardware, device configuration and traffic engineering.
- Experience with project management, preferably Agile methodologies, building production software applications or an understanding of software development, distributed systems and systems architecture
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field or equivalent experience
- Relevant engineering experience in networking, Automation and Cloud Technologies.
- Experience in managing large scale distributed systems or a related field.
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
02 Mar 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time