See job description for details
About The Role
- Dynamic Team and work environment
- Join a company that prides itself on diversity of people and thought
- Build your career your way
Role Location: 839 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008
Role Type: 12 Months Fixed-Term
As a Manager for Retail Decision Systems, you will be working in a high performing team developing and implementing solutions around data and Risk decision systems while ensuring the Risk decision systems are operational. You will collaborate with the Risk business for the testing of strategy/business rules. Part of your responsibility is to engage with Technology in the deployment of Risk strategy changes and also to work with project teams outside of Risk wanting to use Risk infrastructure. You are also expected to have the ability to be effective at translating Business Requirements to workable User Stories and have a mindset to deliver business value while anticipating any impacts as a consequence of the changes.
We are looking for someone with the following key attributes:
- A team player – You recognise and value the different perspectives and skills your colleagues bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of the team’s mission
- The customer’s biggest fan – You demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- Comfortable being uncomfortable – You are comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage yourself through ambiguity and change
- Continuous improvement junkie – You constructively challenge the status quo, look for better ways to do things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to your own and other’s growth – You strive to stretch and grow yourself and others by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A problem solver – You are energised by tackling complex problems and use critical thinking, your network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our Customers and the Bank
- Risk savvy – You build sustainable solutions that protect customers, stakeholders and the community
- Can appreciate difficult problems – You can work autonomously on tasks with complexity, work collaboratively as part of a team and clearly represent consolidated findings
- Knowledge of business analysis tasks – You have experience in elicitation techniques and are competent in requirements gathering, including interrogation and definition of data
- Can work in a changing dynamic environment – You have experience with agile SCRUM delivery methodologies
- Be a voice of the Tribe – You have the ability to work independently with senior stakeholders
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Educated to degree level in a numerate or commercial discipline
- Effective people and project management skills - with the ability to motivate and manage members of a squad
- Expertise user in at least 2 ETL or decision systems
- Proven ability to be able to make Business rule and strategy changes.
- A successful track record in Consumer Risk Management. 3-5 years experience in risk and/or risk management systems. This includes experience in a number of components of the credit life cycle, in at least 1 or more product areas and in at least 2 functional areas
- Strong P&L focus, with the ability to think operationally and implement projects providing a P&L impact
- Understanding of scorecard/model development and other assessment systems
- Ability to understand and align priorities to Value metrics of the services and their Operational impacts
- Ability to maintain high standards of accuracy and work under pressure to achieve deadlines
- Good commercial business acumen
- Well-developed written and oral skills
- Strong working knowledge of one or more of the following; SQL, Ab Initio Express IT (Business Configuration), Experian Customer Management Design Studio
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with strong capabilities to articulate complex analytical information. Strong facilitation and negotiation skills
- Strong working knowledge of scrum and agile methodologies
- Good working knowledge of Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence)
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
Note: After your initial application you may be asked to complete an online assessment, this invite will be sent to you via email from our assessment partner SHL. Please action this request as early as possible, this will enable us to manage your application and provide you with an update in a timely manner.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number Taleo Job Code AUS125967