*Partner Solutions Architect, ANZ*
Would you like to be part of a team that is redefining the IT industry? Amazon Web Services is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for a world class candidate for the role of Partner Solution Architect, within our Global Systems Integrators (GSI) Channels & Alliances business function.
This is an ideal role for someone who has experience working for or with a GSI, technology consulting firm, or a Fortune 1000 company. If you are a problem solver with broad technical skills, and have the ability to drive technical conversations you will enjoy this role.
Working with partners is a team effort that will require influence and coordination with many stakeholders. You should be just as comfortable talking storage and networking with the VP of Infrastructure or continuous deployment with the DevOps team, TCO with the CFO, and cloud strategy with the CIO.
In this technical role, you will architect enterprise-grade Amazon Web Services (AWS) solutions, own the technical relationship and deliverables for a GSI, develop and execute multi-day workshops, lead white boarding sessions, author white papers and blog posts, and respond to complex technical inquiries. As a Partner Solution Architect focused on GSIs within AWS, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of the AWS platform across the GSI partner community.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
The successful candidate will possess experience deploying scalable compute workloads in the cloud, and be able to translate cloud computing concepts into business value. The ideal candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. The candidate is also an influencer by nature and must be seen as someone the partners are eager to engage with and have a strong hands-on approach.
You will have a solid understanding of cloud technology and trends, enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed, and developing new skills so that you can make substantial contributions to in-depth architecture discussions. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for large enterprise customers. Basic Qualifications
10+ years of experience delivering large scale enterprise-grade architectures
• Experience working with/for Global Systems Integrators (GSIs) and knowing the market landscape
• Demonstrated ownership of a large IT project or software development effort
• Strong leadership capabilities, having the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse set of customers or partners, across multiple disciplines
• Strong presentation and written communication skills; high degree of comfort with both technical and executive audiences
• Experience leading white boarding sessions and delivering multi-day workshops to architects, operations staff, developers, and cloud technologists
• Demonstrate a strong bias for action and hands on approach
• Technology Breadth: Demonstrate architectural best practices applied across a breadth of technology areas (below) to solve organizational problems, articulate views/roadmaps for future development, and understand the interaction between infrastructure, operations, and development
o Cloud computing, networking, storage, databases, security
o Application development, DevOps, Agile methodologies
o Serverless architecture, design or development
o Container architecture, design or development
o Scalable batch processing solutions
o Big Data/Analytics, data warehouses, data lakes, NoSQL databases
• Technology Depth: Demonstrate significantly in-depth and detailed knowledge of concepts, implementation, patterns, and issues of at least three technology areas (above) Preferred Qualifications
Visible IT Industry thought leadership on relevant topics related to enterprise IT infrastructure
• Technical sales experience with large enterprise customers and GSI partners
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically, and act tactically, about business, product, and technical challenges
• Experience executing large scale data center transformation or application migration and modernization projects
• AWS Certifications: AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate Level, AWS Certified Developer - Associate Level, AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate Level; and AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional, AWS Certified Devops Engineer - Professional
• Implementation of AWS services in distributed environments with Enterprise Software