People Operations Coordinator
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech company transforming the way businesses move and manage money globally. We have built a global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system.
Airwallex is Australia's fastest growing fintech unicorn. We've grown to 13 global locations and have raised over $800 million in funding. Airwallex has been recognised in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placed in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking for smart, collaborative and passionate people who are looking to make a genuine impact.
An exciting opportunity has come up in the People Operations team. Our People Operations team is one of the most critical teams at Airwallex as we go through a period of hyper-growth. You will be one of the first points of contact to welcome our new employees to the team! Reporting to and working closely with the People Operations Manager, your role will encompass the provision of administrative and project support across the employee lifecycle and people initiatives.
- Facilitate new hire onboarding
- Host new starter inductions
- Manage internal and external People queries
- Conduct exit interviews
- Maintain accurate employee records in our HRIS and other People systems
- Support People projects
Who you are:
- You have a low-ego attitude - ready and excited to conquer any task. You are smart, presentable, meticulous, well organised and an excellent team player;
- You consistently "go the extra mile" in your work
- You are execution oriented, with good instincts for anticipating needs and changes
- You are maniacal about detail and organisation; an expert manager of priorities
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills; comfortable communicating proactively and directly
- You are reliable, understanding that your punctuality and presence supports a positive experience for the Airwallex team
- You can maintain total discretion on all matters, confidential or otherwise, business or personal
- You work collaboratively with people at all levels and across functions and cultures
- You have good judgement and are able to meet challenges with a sense of calm and confidence
Skills and experience you will bring:
- 1+ years of experience in an administrative support role (HR, EA experience desirable but not essential)
- Comfortable with all forms of start-up communication including Slack
- Proficiency in Google Suite and with a HRIS required (BambooHR a plus)
- Outstanding communication and organisational skills
- Ability to handle sensitive information with confidentiality required
- Experience in start-up environment preferred
At Airwallex you'll have the ability to make an impact in a rapidly growing, global fintech. You'll be offered a competitive salary and we also like to ensure we create the best environment for our people by providing a collaborative open office space with a fully stocked kitchen. We organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.