See job description for details
The Australia Transformation team is seeking talent as we look to reimagine banking for the future. As part of the team you will design and deliver compelling customer-centric solutions focused on improving the financial wellbeing of ANZ’s retail and commercial customers.
As a Platform Engineer
working within Platform Engineering
, you will be responsible for building and evolving our offering with hands on design, configuration and coding. You will have the opportunity to work across a wide range of products touching on IaC, cloud services, cluster management, service mesh, CI/CD, SRE and observability tooling.
The Platform Engineering team is responsible for abstracting the complexities of the cloud, so that features can move from development to production in a seamless, secure and fully automated manner. As a Platform Engineer, you’ll create a lasting impact by:
What you’ll bring with you:
- Coaching and mentoring engineers with a laser focus on automation, cloud and DevOps engineering techniques, to design and implement secure, simple and impactful solutions.
- Collaborating with architects, engineers and customer experience experts.
- Self-organising your own priorities, you will facilitate rapid decision making for the team.
- Shape how ANZ delivers on their commitment to providing great customer service through technology.
We aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued and supported.
- Exceptional record of hands-on delivery of solutions from inception to production.
- Expert knowledge of Kubernetes with a passion for keeping workloads secure.
- Experience with containers/docker
- Experience with provisioning pipelines and automation for IaC repositories.
- Experience with provisioning pipelines to facilitate canary and blue / green deployments of applications and infrastructure.
- Operational experience with development or the administration of service mesh technologies like Istio
- Strong understanding of the infrastructure level – VPCs, networks, Linux and/or Windows OS.
- Strong understanding of the importance of Developer Experience, SRE and Cloud Native engineering principles.
- Passionate about the adoption of DevOps and Agile practices, at scale, in Engineering Teams.
- Knowledgeable in multiple programming languages, preferably Golang/Python, shell scripting and a passion to automate as much as possible.
- Demonstrated ability to create observable systems leveraging tools like dynatrace, splunk, stack driver, pagerduty etc.
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're focused on seeing our people thrive just as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded. We work flexibly at ANZ and encourage you to talk to us about how this role can be flexible for you and any adjustments you may require to our recruitment process or the role itself
. If you are a candidate with a disability, let us know how we can provide you with additional support.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and searching for reference number AUS122683.