Principal Architect - Distributed Systems
A career that gives you more
We are looking for a Principal Architect to lead a newly established team of highly skilled architects who provide best practices, standards and patterns for distributed systems design and implementation across multiple cloud platforms. You will collaborate with other key technology areas (engineering, infrastructure & domain architecture) to deliver solutions based on modern architectures that are scalable, resilient, secure and evolvable.
You will need to have in-depth technical expertise across a variety of technologies & platforms, that will see you working at a strategic level as well as a day to day operational capability delivery level. Ability to communicate, present the design and implement new Architectures will be a skill that comes naturally to you. As much as you enjoy technology and love to create and implement, you will also be a people person with the ability to build relationships and influence key C level stakeholders, Technical Architecture and Technology delivery teams. Skills and Abilities:
We are looking for candidates with deep technical skills in infrastructure, software architecture, computing networks and security - ideally across a combination of AWS, Azure, GCP and open source solutions. You will ideally be coming from a background of the following:
- distributed systems, microservices architecture and domain driven design;
- system resilience and chaos engineering;
- containers, container orchestration, service mesh, represented by technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes and Istio;
- messaging and event-driven architecture represented by technologies such as ActiveMQ, Kafka, Apache Flink;
- service-oriented architecture and REST APIs;
- systems integration, workflow and process automation
You will have a deep understanding of large-scale computing solutions. The ideal candidate will have previous experience with software development and/or working as an engineer and will have built your knowledge over many years as technology has evolved. You enjoy leveraging your core technical skills whilst developing new ones, so that you can make meaningful contributions to deep architecture discussions around systems and applications in the cloud.
Additionally, you will possess:
What's in it for you?
- Excellent communication skills, ideally gained in presales or consultancy roles, allowing you to represent your ideas and proposals, influence key stakeholders across the business;
- A thought leader, with the ability to think strategically about solutions to business, product, and technical challenges
- Ability to drive solutions within the context of a large organisation with considerations about scale, reliability and longevity;
You'll be a part of a team that's been hand-picked at the top of their game to make a real difference. This is an exciting opportunity to solve problems where the answers aren't yet known, enabling a company-wide transformation that will have fundamental impact on our business.
If you think you've got what it takes to thrive in a high-pressure, fast paced environment and want to drive your career forward, then we'd love to hear from you. We're NAB.
We embrace diversity of thought, style and working arrangements to ensure our workforce is representative of the community that we serve. We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits:
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must be an Australian / New Zealand citizen or hold permanent residency status in Australia. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the advert. Advertised:
11 Nov 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time