Principal Engineer / Development Lead
A career that gives you more
We're looking for a leader who can work with the people around them - and inspire them to do better. We are seeking someone who is resilient, courageous and isn't afraid to take risks and push boundaries by creating a safe environment to try, fail and learn. Which is why we're looking for an experienced Principal Engineer / Development Lead with a passion for building world class technology solutions.
You will provide technology and design leadership to the team's development function and to the team's multiple squads of Java developers Responsibilities:
What you will bring:
- The Principal Engineer (Product Tech Lead) will set the standard for design and Agile process, and distribute development workload.
- Detail the technology road-map in conjunction with the Engineering Manager, Domain architect, BA Lead.
- Triage new demand and ensures sufficient design guidance exists at high level for hand-off to the scrum tech lead for detailed design.
- Ensure that technical designs meet functional, resilience, throughput, security and simplicity needs
- Engage in hands-on development to balance workload or address significant complexity through technical spike: build, system-test including non-functional.
- Run - participates in L3 (senior) support and problem resolution on an ad-hoc basis.
Your new team
- Experience as a Java developer (10+ years), ideally with Banking and/or Finance industry exposure with Integration, microservice patterns.
- Experience with distributed, event driven systems and using messaging protocols. Messaging middleware such as IBM MQ, Apache Kafka preferred.
- Build and automation tools (Ant, Gradle (Kotlin DSL/Groovy), Jenkins, Python/Jython, Artifactory, Terraform, SonarQube).
- Experience with the following also preferred: Java 8+, J2EE, MDB, Spring Boot, Angular 4+, RDBMS (ideally Oracle), Webservices (REST/SOAP), Apache Camel, Docker, SCM (Git), BDD (JBehave/Cucumber), & Unit Testing (Junit, Mockito, JMockit).
- Established network and platform (*nix) skills, Cloud hosting (AWS preferred)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to deal with stakeholders (both users and product owners)
- Interest and experience with the entire application stack; from network, security, through platform OS to application code
We know that life's about more than money. That's why we're so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. We are rapidly building top-notch data and analytics platforms in the cloud, with a new culture and ways of working; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers. We're NAB
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
10 Dec 2019 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time