Production Support Lead - Global Investment & Finance Systems
Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $6 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients. Our Team & Opportunity
Our IT operations team is responsible for running, restoring and reducing production incidents. The role and team is part of global follow the sun support model and a 24 x 7 support coverage provided to Tier 1 applications. The team directly support the global investments and finance systems providing professional production support and incident management services to middle and back office business operations.
The Production Support Lead will operate as the SME of the team providing first, second and occasionally third level production support of applications and database as well as mentor and coach the team an experienced team of experienced production support practitioners. Our team work with Finance operations clients and with major incident management team to ensure high availability production environments are available to the business. The focus is restoring services and reducing outages in the long term through effective problem management practices. What you will do
What we are looking for
- Provision of first, second and occasional third level technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, external interfaces and other technical areas.
- Ensures that all support requests are handled promptly and the business users are informed of the timeline when the requests will be addressed.
- Leads the monitoring of production system for alerts and outages, managing the expectations and requirements of business and production support teams.
- Evaluates systems and processes in an effort to resolve technical problems, researching issues and performs root cause analysis to minimise future risk
- Operates as a trusted senior technical partner through the building of and maintaining strong relationships across the business. We also want the Lead to coach and mentor the technical expertise of the Production Support Analyst/s
- Lead project teams or initiatives that may require strong interface with cross functional teams across database administration, IT Security, Project Managers
- Develop, implement and maintain policies and procedures of the Product Support department as needed.
- Lead in the Disaster Recovery (DR) setup, ensuring that it is adequate, live and functional
Specialisations that will make an impact
- Demonstrated experience in a site reliability, support Analyst, production engineering or similar IT Operations support role, preferably within the Investment, Asset Management or Financial Services industry.
- Experience in analysing, debugging, and fixing application issues under pre-defined service-level agreements.
- Familiarity with DevSecOps concepts, tools and continuous delivery pipelines example - Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket, Jira, etc.
- Ability to work under pressure; strong organizational skills; good judgment and decision making.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, positive, service-minded manner with a variety of colleagues.
- Strong knowledge of database management systems and how to create and run database queries
- Knowledge and experience with the following would be highly advantageous, PC Hardward and LAN Networking, Control-M, Java & Bloomberg
- Experience coaching, mentoring and developing a team. Experience leading a team would be a bonus however not mandatory for this role.
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success. Where to from here?
If you would like to discuss further please contact Richard Maher from our Talent Acquisition team on Richard.firstname.lastname@example.org .