Project Administrator- Targeted Role (Melbourne or Ballarat)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Outstanding training and development opportunities.
- Supportive and collaborative team culture
- Permanent opportunity based in Melbourne or Ballarat
IBM is the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, serving clients in 170 countries. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things. We are changing how we create. How we collaborate. How we analyse. How we engage. IBM is a leader in this global transformation so there is no better place to launch your career.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. About the Business Unit and Team
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence. You will be part of a large collaborative and diverse project team who are focused on skills development and customer delivery. What will I be doing?
As an Project Administrator, you will join a very successful IBM account where you will be exposed to a diverse range of projects and allowing you to gain a detailed understanding of the various stages of the project lifecycle.
The Project Administrator will support project managers and the program manager in the Maintenance and Support of an application or set of applications using the appropriate business measurements and terms and conditions for the project as per the project contract. They will have responsibility to support project managers and the program manager with managing all aspects of the project's administration, which includes applying techniques for planning, tracking, change control, and risk management. What will I be doing?
What skills will I need?
- Performing Data Security and Privacy activities.
- Resource Management (On-boarding and Access Management).
- Overseeing Project Management Office processes e.g. Time recording reconciliation, invoice preparation, contract registration, leave etc.
- Maintaining of Procedures & Wiki.
- Training for new team members and other duties as required.
What experience will I need?
- Ability to understand and assimilate different points of view.
- Ability to follow documented process.
- Excellent problem solving skill and a passion for working collaboratively in a team-focused environment.
- Prior exposure AGILE methodologies preferred but not essential.
- Willingness to take ownership of challenging tasks, even beyond your initial scope of responsibility.
- Be able to and promote adherence to strict business and project compliance.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite, ideally Excel and previous experience in an administration role.
Degree qualified or possess similar experience within an IT environment. Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
The filling of this position is intended to constitute a special/equal opportunity measure under section 8(1) of the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth), and s 12 of the Equal Opportunity Act 2010 (Vic) and s 8(4) of the Charter of Human Rights and Responsibilities Act 2006 (Vic). The positions are, therefore, only open to Aboriginal or Torres Straight Islander applicants." The successful applicant must be an Australian citizen and must be eligible to obtain a higher AGSVA security clearance due to the nature of client work. Requirements:
- Be an Australian Citizen and identify as Aboriginal and/ or Torres Strait Islander.
- Been resident in Australia for the past 5 years (i.e., can't have moved to Australia only 4 or 4.5 years ago).
- Not spent greater than 12 months cumulative out of Australia during the past 5 years.
- Satisfy an AU Gov client Pre-Engagement Integrity Check.
- Be eligible to obtain an AGSVA baseline security clearance or already have AGSVA baseline security clearance.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise