- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Citi Australia
- 22 Nov 17
Relationship Manager Melbourne
Relationship Manager Melbourne
- Primary Location: Australia,Victoria,Melbourne
- Other Location: Asia Pacific
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Job Function: Relationship Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 25 % of the Time
- Job ID: 17053683
Citi Australia is seeking best-in-class relationship managers to join its rapidly growing wealth management business, and support targets to triple the client base and assets under management (AUMs) by 2020.
Leveraging its capabilities as a global bank, Citi Australia is repositioning its wealth management business to focus on meeting the needs of High Net Wealth (HNW) Australians.
Our HNW clients expect only the best when it comes to the management of their wealth, and are increasingly looking to our team of expert relationship managers to guide them towards meeting their goals from a wealth generation and preservation perspective.
To keep up with this demand, we are looking to find individuals who have an entrepreneurial bent and are keen to work for a global company that can elevate their career to the next level.
This is a full time role in our Melbourne office.
A Relationship Manager's (RM) primary responsibility is to proactively manage a portfolio of up to 250 affluent, high net worth clients within our 'Citigold ' Segment (clients with approximately $250M - $1MM FUM). You will do this by building strong relationships with your clients and ensuring your clients receive expert advice on Citi's investment, wealth management and treasury products. Critical to your success will by your ability to deepen your client relationships by owning and responding to your clients' complex needs
You will be responsible for driving sales revenue, increasing the value of your clients' portfolio, deepening your relationships with your clients whilst ensuring a high standard of compliance and control is maintained. In addition to this you will build strong internal relationships with the product teams and other subject matter experts across the franchise to tailor solutions to ensure each customer's unique needs are met
RM's at play a pivotal role in driving Citi's wealth proposition and strategy. In return we offer best in class training, career development and reward and recognition programs
Sales and Service:
- Cross-sell and up-sell the client portfolio through the provision of both Wholesale transactions and general financial advice, with a focus on affluent, high net worth clients
- Proactively source and develop new business from internal and external referral networks
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and subject matter experts to achieve business goals and targets
- Ensure current and prospective clients have a consistent, superior Citibank experience through delivery of outstanding service
Compliance and Control:
- Ensure up to date knowledge of latest regulations in the finance industry ensuring a proactive approach to understanding current market activities and developments
- Maintain a high standard of compliance and control to ensure accurate and error free as well as reducing and minimising critical errors and write offs
Key Requirements and Qualifications:
- Degree qualification in Business or Finance related : Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning (RG146)
- Tier 1 or 2 accredited in managed investments, derivatives, Securities and FX
- 5+ years in Financial services industry experience
- Extensive knowledge in investment, wealth management and treasury products
- A proven track record in sales
- Proven relationship management skills dealing with affluent, high net worth clients
- Deep understanding of industry legislative and compliance regime
- Fluent Mandarin communication skills is essential