Release Lead Chapter Lead - Digital Sales Experience
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 19
Release Lead Chapter Lead - Digital Sales Experience
First a bit about ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ has started to move to a new way of working, leveraging agile practices. To understand more about this new way of working and if this role is right for you, we strongly encourage you to take a look at The ANZ Way vimeo channel where you’ll find ‘The ANZ Way’ animation and the ‘New Ways of Working’ animation.
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
Release Lead Chapter Lead – Digital Sales Experience
- Leverage your broad knowledge of release management and software engineering to contribute to the omni-channel tech transformation, delighting ANZ customers
- Collaborate with teams / squads of passionate and super talented software engineers, product owners and journey experts.
Digital Sales Experience (DSE) Tribe has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Agile Release Lead. You will champion Agile ways of working across multiple squads, and will be working with Product Owners, Analysts and Delivery Leads across Tribes. You will provide advice and guidance across the Tribe about the ANZ Delivery Framework and Change Management, and have a collaborative approach to providing mentoring, coaching, and training.
More about the scope of Digital Sales Experience (DSE)
- Execute sales campaigns across digital channels (ANZ.com, Internet Banking, IB4B, GoMoney and Grow)
- Co-ordinate deployment of sales campaigns, incl. channel selection, across all (digital and assisted) proprietary channels
- Manage the process from sales target setting to development of sales/activation strategies for our and 3rd party assisted channels (Retail front line, Commercial front line, Mobile Lenders, Retail and Commercial Brokers)
- Optimise our digital channels’ sales and activation processes
- Develop and maintain the digital infrastructure and features to support and all of the relevant digital assets
- Report sales campaign performance across all channels (and centralise sales reporting over time)
More about the role
- Provide Release Management as a service to the DSE Tribe, working closely with Squad Product Owners, Software Engineers and Technical leads to coach, plan and manage successful implementation across multiple products and teams
- Promote and communicate planned releases to ensure fully visibility by all stakeholders
- Responsible for the personal development and performance reviews of Chapter members, based on input from Product Owners and Squad members
- Drive continuous improvement of release management framework and help coach and educate less experienced parties
- Facilitate and lead release planning sessions and ensure outcomes are well communicated and agreed
- Able to negotiate release schedule across platforms to present the best outcome for the customer and ANZ
- Drive collaborative culture within Technology Areas, providing transparency on priorities of work to ensure customer outcomes are delivered on time
- In-depth knowledge of workforce scheduling and change management tooling
- Experience in scheduling work to optimise workflow/throughput through a number of Technology Areas to maintain velocity and team cadence
- Manage / Support Incident Management process for recovery of Production and/or implementation issues when required
What will be in your toolkit?
- Several years demonstrated experience as a Release Lead or Implementation Lead across multidisciplinary teams implementing agile based software product increments
- Significant experience with Agile based release management, preferable SAFe,
- A passion for driving improvement in release management frameworks,
- Experience in playing a hands-on role with release co-ordination, ownership and improvement.
- Proven experience with Agile delivery tools to support product teams, recommending the right tools for the maturity of the team and product development
- Proven experience working within an Agile management environment and working across organisational boundaries and physical locations to deliver services and product outcomes
- Exceptional stakeholder management and understanding of risk management principles
- Have demonstrated ability and skills in understanding the needs and challenges of delivery areas and individuals to build and maintain strong, positive relationships
How I contribute to the ANZ culture (New Ways of Leading)
- Be Curious - I create a learning environment by modelling, encouraging and rewarding curiosity and purposeful experimentation
- Create Shared Clarity – I bring people on the journey, creating a shared understanding of our context, purpose, goals and progress. Even when it’s ambiguous, I create focus and enough certainty to deliver and succeed.
- Connect with Empathy - I listen to, care about and connect personally with people, striving to put myself in their shoes. I have courageous conversations with empathy, which help everyone move forward.
- Empower People – I give people the space and confidence to think, decide
- and act with autonomy, and trust that they can deliver exceptional things with support and encouragement.
- Grow People Selflessly –I help others to see their potential, grow and be ready for a future that is constantly changing. I challenge myself to do the same.
- Integrity – we are honest and fair
- Collaboration – we work together for the customer
- Accountability – we take ownership and get things done
- Respect – we care for all we serve
- Excellence – we challenge ourselves to be better
Visit our ANZ Life page for more information on how we work at ANZ.
We’ve also got some great information about what it’s like to work in ‘Data@ANZ’ on our LinkedIn Life page.
We’ve also got some great information about what it’s like to work in ‘Engineering@ANZ’ on our LinkedIn Life page.