Risk Executive, Diversified Risk
Do work that matters:
Risk Management is responsible for developing the risk frameworks to allow the Group to take conscious exposures to credit, market, operational, compliance and insurance risks within a Board-approved appetite. Risk Management ensures the Group has appropriate strategies and frameworks in place to assess, manage and report on credit, market, operational, compliance and insurance risks.
Business & Private Banking Risk Management (BPB RM) forms part of the Institutional & Business Banking Risk Management division and specifically, it provides the Business & Private Banking (BPB) team with specialist risk services and advice. BPB is one of the three client facing business groups within the Commonwealth Bank and provides support to the Group's Corporate, Agricultural, Business, and Private and Commsec clients. Your role:
The role will involve the provision of all aspects of credit services including advisory, credit decisions and recommendation of applications beyond delegated authority for business and corporate clients.
Other aspects of the role will include credit monitoring and overview, interpretation of policy, operational risk, training, guidance for both the risk teams and BPB Managers and Bankers. Your responsibilities:
We're interested in hearing from people who have:
- Decision credit applications, exercising sound commercial judgement while operating within the parameters of your personal delegation and the stated risk appetite.
- Demonstrate best practice standards of credit origination, analysis, review and recommendation.
- Analyse industry changes which might impact risk outcomes, being able to recognise and recommend appropriate changes to structuring of credit proposals to control and manage these changes.
- Meet with external clients to develop a thorough understanding of their business, while maintaining the requirement of independent risk assessment.
- Review transaction documentation in consultation with Bankers and legal counsel.
- Contribute to developing and maintaining a high performance team culture.
- Deliver insightful advice to internal clients, working with them to ensure a solutions focus for clients and transactions.
- Work efficiently and effectively to optimise credit decisioning processes and turnaround times.
- Contribute to the on-going improvement of the Risk Management culture by actively looking to improve policies and systems so that BPB RM can provide excellent customer service to the business.
- Ensure portfolios are appropriately monitored and where necessary ensure action is taken expeditiously where credit migration is evident.
- Provide advice and assistance to Bankers on the development of strategies to manage, mitigate and price for risk.
- Act as a role model by consistently demonstrating the Group's values and people capabilities.
- Work collaboratively and contribute to a strong performance culture.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and innovation.
- Graduate or Post Graduate degrees in business or finance.
- Graduate of the Risk Business School
- Relevant professional qualification (e.g. Finsia, PRMIA or GARP) or studying towards completion.
- Experience in a credit risk position, including exercising a personal delegation in a major financial institution.
- High level diversified industry knowledge and experience in risk management at the business or corporate level.
- Desirable to have specific experience in non-property backed, cash flow lending including cash flow analysis and testing, risk mitigation and transaction structuring.
- Sound understanding of the Regulatory environment.
- Desirable to have had client relationship management experience.
- Ability to provide sound, consistent credit risk decisions.
Your path looks like
- Awareness of relevant industry issues, which might impact on external and internal credit environments affecting credit quality and recommend appropriate changes to system and/or policies.
If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities we can offer great opportunities. Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into a leadership role, the way you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities are key. Use the capabilities required for this role as a guide to the critical skills and behaviours you need for your next move.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 05/11/2020