Senior Account Manager
Purpose of role
As a member of our high performing Southern DQT Direct Sales team, this role strategically manages Client relationships within a defined geographic region - on behalf of Experian Data Quality. You will be responsible for delivering an agreed revenue target by working closely with your Clients to understand their requirements and identify ways in which we can help them achieve their commercial objectives by better understanding, interacting with, and targeting their customers.
You will need to be agile in every conversation and curious in your questioning to understand challenges, requirements and opportunities.
Territory & portfolio (approx. 50-100 named accounts)
Our clients span multiple industries (Retail, Universities, Financial Services, Mutual Banks, Pharmaceuticals & Healthcare, FMCG, Not-for-profits, Technology, Travel & Tourism) and we typically engage with the GM's & Directors of multiple business lines (Marketing, Operations, Information Systems, BI & Reporting, Data & Analytics, Logistics).
You will possess an inherent drive to succeed, as well as structured problem solving skills, and a strong, committed work ethic. In addition you'll have an understanding of how to manage a Solution Sales process from creation to close, with a proven ability to deliver results through consultative selling and a passion for Big Data.
This role will focus on Experian's Data Quality products:
• Data Validation - Checking that all contact data captured is valid and fit-for-purpose
• Data Management (Pandora) - Analyse, migrate, assess, correct and monitor multi-domain data
• Data Enrichment (Mosaic) - Better understand and precisely target your ideal customer audience with the right message
Long story short - We're looking for dynamic individuals who possess an innately curious mind, and a desire to grow. We're looking for people who thrive in a high performance environment and will seize all the opportunities such an environment presents.
• High level of intellect - incl. high IQ & EQ
• Drive to succeed
• Positive influencing ability
• Team spirit
• Executive presence
• Professional written and verbal communication skills
Key duties and responsibilities
• Deliver annual target by closing opportunities from a specified territory and/or portfolio
• Predominately be focused on the acquisition of new business opportunities within existing customer accounts and prospects
• Within your region/portfolio identify, manage and close business within these customer accounts
Key results areas:
• Attend 25 Meetings per month (15 New Business, 10 Follow-up).
• Intelligently prospect for new potential clients
• Attend SPIN and STRONGMAN sales training to enhance current sales skills as well as internal Sales Training Workshops
• Become a Trusted Advisor and go-to Subject Matter Expert for your Clients
• Coordinate and structure weekly schedule with Regional Sales Manager
• Manage own performance and take responsibility for self-development in line with personal and Company objectives
• Champion Experian values
• Commercial acumen
• Ability to learn complex solutions
• SPIN Sales Methodology would be beneficial but is not necessary
• 3-5 years' Professional Selling experience (exceptions made for stand-out candidates)
• New Business Sales
• Account Management
• Bachelor's Degree minimum