Senior Accountant or Assistant Manager - CFO Advisory
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 23 Apr 18
See job description for details
- Make the switch from Audit or Accounting into Advisory and consult to CFOs and finance teams
- Work alongside a talented and professional team who inspires you to keep learning everyday
- Supportive, social and collaborative group focused on employee wellbeing and workplace flexibility
Leveraging our firm wide experience and expertise to support CFOs and finance teams, CFO Advisory offers services including: financial and regulatory reporting, transaction structuring and support, finance function integration, process improvements and accounting standards interpretation and implementation advice. We combine deep industry knowledge with technical excellence to help CFOs and finance teams meet the challenges of today's complex and evolving business environment.
Your new role: With continued growth we are now looking to recruit a Senior Accountant or Assistant Manager into the CFO Advisory Melbourne practice.
You will have the opportunity to -
- Work with a diverse client portfolio including CFOs and finance across leading organisations to provide essential advice on technical accounting and finance improvement matters across any of the core service offerings within CFO Advisory
- Deliver engagement fieldwork which involves strong technical accounting knowledge, an understanding of client needs, project management skills and close communication with Partners and clients
- Mentor, train and develop other less experienced engagement team members providing guidance on how to develop their skillset
- Relevant tertiary qualifications including CA or CPA, with a solid accounting and/or audit background gained in Professional Services
- Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including reporting writing
- Excellent research and project management skills and an analytical, curious mindset
- A positive, collaborative and team focused approach with an enthusiasm for continued learning and development
- A client-oriented focus with the ability to build strong client relationships
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing and drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and we use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
To be considered for this role, please apply online by submitting your confidential application including an up to date resume and cover letter. For further information regarding the role or careers with CFO Advisory, please contact Jessica on 02 9455 9871.
Advertised: 04 Apr 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 04 May 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time