Senior Analyst, Engineer (Microservices Developer )
We're changing at NAB. Our goal is to build a world-class platform to fight financial crime to keep our community and customers safe from the bad guys. Our engineering teams are at the centre of this fight and we need the best minds to combat the ever-growing threat of organized crime. Your new role awaits
The role of Senior Analyst Engineering will provide critical thinking and a high degree of technical innovation and attention to detail while being recognised as a trusted advisor to the team and stakeholders. The characteristics include being versatile, displaying leadership qualities and enthusiasm to take on new problems across the full SDLC, ultimately assisting in moving technology forward. Your day to day role will include:
• Design, implement and manage continuous integration, build management and deployment scripts and systems.
• Identify areas for process and efficiency improvement; recommend solutions and help teams with implementation. Actively facilitate continuous improvement.
• Manage and plan your own work with minimal supervision and can do attitude
• Provide technical leadership to your colleagues and accountability for the performance of our technology services.
• Be available to carry out production deployment and support activities
• Ability to work and participate in a team environment. You possess the following:
• Demonstrated experience with building enterprise level Microservices using Java, Spring Boot, Gradle, Kafka
• Experience working with GIT, AWS, Jenkins, Artifactory
• Experience with microservices deployment and container technologies like Docker, Kubernetes
• Experience with AWS ecosystem (DynamoDB, RDS, S3, EC2, ECS, Kinesis, Lambda, SQS, SNS, CloudWatch), AWS certification preferable
• Knowledge of cloud platforms such as Azure, GCP highly desirable
• Understanding of API gateways such as Kong
• Quality first mind-set for writing code using techniques such as TDD and BDD and excellent debugging skills.
• Environment performance monitoring and reporting.
• Documenting practices, solutions, known issues, and common trouble shooting procedures.
• DevOps capabilities, including the knowledge of testing automation, CI/CD pipeline, AWS cloud, APIs and microservices
• Experience with Tomcat, Gradle, Hystrix Circuit Breakers.
• Testing tools like Junit, Cucumber and Gatling.
• Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment.
• Solid understanding of software design principles and patterns
• Effective time management and communication skills. Your new team
We are part of the NAB Melbourne based technology team with an inclusive and friendly workplace that includes engineers from diverse backgrounds. We value a culture of learning, agility, openness, honesty and continuous improvement. Why NAB?
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We have an African Australian Inclusion Program, a range of Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs, we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, and be an endorsed employer for Women by Work180.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted. Advertised:
15 Sep 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time