Senior Analyst, Java Engineer
- Opportunities for career progression throughout the business
- Great engaging work environment where customer advocacy is highly valued
- We are focused on your learning & development
As a Senior Analyst engineer, you will have a deep understanding of programming languages such as Java, GO, Python, Scala and shell scripting. A focus will be placed on experience with cloud services, concepts of devops, working with large datasets, command of SQL/NoSQL environments and expertise in the modern software engineering concepts. Core Responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to:
Technical Skills & Experience:
- Work with languages like Java, Python, Go, Bash, and SQL.
- Build batch and streaming data pipelines with tools such as: Spark, Airflow, and cloud-based data services like Google's BigQuery, Dataproc, and Pub/Sub.
- Develop processes for automating, testing, and deploying your work.
- Ability to write and optimize complex queries using both SQL and NoSQL paradigms.
- Able to work with different data types e.g. streaming, real-time, file based, RDMS, unstructured data, etc.
- Promote AWS and cloud best practices to maximise compute performance while minimising infrastructure costs.
- Design and develop 'infrastructure as code'.
Your new team
- Ability to write code using such as C++, GO, Python, Java, Scala.
- Data ingestion technologies and capturing meta-data and data lineage.
- Familiarity with AWS services.
- Experience with 'infrastructure as code'
- Experience with shell scripting.
- Exposure to DevOps and Agile.
- Experience with modern software practices.
- Experience using productivity and collaboration tools such as JIRA and confluence in a software delivery environment
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant technical subject.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that creates change for our customers and for the community.
Engineers plays a critical, pivotal role in the automation of routine operational tasks, maintaining services and where possible improve the stability and scalability of the existing platform. We're NAB.
We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
05 Feb 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time