Senior Analyst Security
A career that gives you more
To provide technical advice, expertise, support and ongoing delivery at agreed service levels for many technology systems and services currently in use across NAB.
You will be required to have a broad and in-depth knowledge of IT Security infrastructure implementation, management, operations and solution delivery and can deliver technical solutions, specifications and outcomes appropriate to NAB's Security and Risk appetite. Responsibilities:
What you will bring:
- Perform "business-as-usual" technology management and support functions associated with complex security technology systems
- Report to Platform Managers and senior team members regarding technology system status and posture
- Perform problem diagnosis and use technical expertise to develop options and solutions to specific problems that are technical in nature and which are typically well, and contribute to remediation and recovery activity
- Contribute to support documentation and provide advice regarding applications to enable the support function to work pro-actively
- Participate in a rotating out of hours on-call support roster
- Provide coaching and guidance to Associate Technical Specialists to support their competency development and ensure their effective contribution to team objectives
- Experience in a Large Enterprise Environment (more than 10,000 users) across different geographies
- A proven record of successfully scoping, shaping and delivering sound IT Security Solutions.
- Deep technical skills (plan, build and run) across a broad range of infrastructure and Security technologies
- Solid Technical Skills with Proxy and Internet Content Filtering principles (zScaler, McAfee)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Networking and Endpoint protection technologies
- An understanding of Cloud Based computing concepts.
- Tertiary qualification in an IT discipline or related field IT Security related certification (E.g.: CISM, CISSP)
- Experience with industry recognized Incident, Problem and Change Management processes and procedures
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
05 Mar 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time