Senior Analyst, Service Reliability Engineer (DevOps)
We're changing at NAB. Our goal is to build a world-class platform to fight financial crime to keep our community and customers safe from the bad guys. Our engineering teams are at the centre of this fight and we need the best minds to combat the ever-growing threat of organized crime. Your new role awaits
We are looking for an experienced Cloud Application Support, Senior Analyst who has proven experience working in a fast-paced environment. They will be focused on running better production systems by defining engineering approaches that deliver operational best practice.
In addition to your strong technical capability you will be a proven team player, independent thinker and have a collaborative attitude towards your work and colleagues. Your day to day role will include:
• Work with team to implement highly-available and scalable architectures for core and other domain integration components of the KYC Service
• Solve availability/performance Incidents and build software-based solutions to proactively improve productivity. Raise problem records to be sent to the demand/delivery team.
• Ensure no production change will result in any degradation of agreed service reliability or performance objectives.
• Implement metrics, monitoring, and incident response processes
• Align with/improve, change management and capacity planning processes
• Initiate automated production deployments for patches and features
• Monitor levels of manual effort and drive improvement through automation and stability
• Collect logs and metrics, build dashboards and monitor using Splunk, AppDynamics and other tools.
• Be aware of and responding to (reactively & proactively), production degradation of Service level objectives following SLAs.
• Identify the specific system information needed to facilitate incident response / post-mortems and deliver root cause analysis.
• 24/7 on-call with software engineers as the "Trouble shooting Diagnostic SME"
• Contribute as part of a Scrum team to maintain a deep understanding of system functionality and architecture, with primary focus to operational aspects of the service (availability, performance, change management, incident response, capacity planning, etc.)
• Work on AWS components, ECS, Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory, Kong, OAuth, serverless technologies, Node.js, etc.,
• Automate using Ansible, Terraform, Python, Java, Linux, CloudFormation, etc.,
• Work in an agile environment, attending stand-ups, retros, planning, showcases and other agile meetings and ceremonies.
• Working knowledge in RDS (PostgresSQL, Oracle) & NoSQL databases is a must
• Understanding of frontend technologies like Angular, ReactJS
• Work closely with scrum masters, asset designers and data consulting team to determine platform requirements and priorities. You possess the following:
• Demonstrated experience in software development or support using Agile practices
Application support/development experience in the following:
• Large distributed systems
• Experience working in AWS environment is a must. Our solution is based on Microservices, APIs, oAuth, Kafka, serverless technologies. Hands-on experience on all or majority of these components is a must
• Systems Engineering / Monitoring
• System & Application recovery & restoration
• Maven, Gradle and GitHub or similar (SCM/Build frameworks)
• Continuous Integration/Deployment frameworks (Jenkins / Hudson)
• ServiceNow/Remedy experience Join us!
We know that life's about more than money. That's why we're so driven to do great things in the tech and digital space. We are rapidly building top-notch Financial Crime Prevention platforms in the cloud, with a new culture and ways of working; adopting FinTech start-up mentality and financial innovation. We are working more agile than ever, so that we can deliver a great banking experience to our customers. About NAB
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We have an African Australian Inclusion Program, a range of Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs, we are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, and be an endorsed employer for Women by Work180.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert.
*Please note unsolicited CVs from agencies will not be accepted. Advertised:
15 Sep 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Standard Time