- Competitive Salary
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Melbourne Victoria AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Northern Trust Company
- 18 Jun 18 2018-06-18
The Senior Auditor is responsible for the execution of and contribution to a global portfolio of audit engagements in the area of regulatory compliance, risk management, anti-financial crime, and regulatory reporting.
Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
What we do
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
What you will do
The Senior Auditor is responsible for the execution of and contribution to a global portfolio of audit engagements in the area of regulatory compliance, risk management, anti-financial crime, and regulatory reporting. In addition, this role requires a familiarity with the rules and regulations associated with various regulatory compliance practices around the globe, including Australia, Singapore, and Hong Kong. The role provides technical expertise and performs specific assigned projects for the team and the department.
This role is responsible for work paper quality, thoroughness, accuracy and timeliness. You may also execute a broader role across the team in terms of recommending or developing operational efficiencies and/or producing and delivering presentations which assist the wider audit department with understanding root causes of control gaps, industry trends, peer practices, etc.
You will have a direct reporting line into the Head of Legal Entity Audit - APAC in Melbourne and an indirect reporting line into the Risk Management and Compliance Team in Chicago.
- Conduct and document audits of the governance structure and internal controls over the risk management and compliance, whilst leading and overseeing audit reviews and projects.
- Develop and demonstrate an understanding of the business risks, controls, and processes, along with an understanding of relevant laws, regulatory rules and knowledge of the impact of systems within areas reviewed.
- Perform work that adheres to all Policies and professional auditing standards; and regulatory requirements.
- Apply analytical skills, discussions with the Business and Audit Partners and the risk assessment process to properly identify key risks and controls, audit scope, and testing approach within an audit or other project.
- Accurately design and execute the testing approach and ensure that work paper documentation is clear, concise, supports the reviews performed, and explains decisions made during the project.
- Communicate with management, leading efforts to discuss the business/risk environment and issues/risks raised during the audit review.
- Develop subject area expertise to assist in providing comprehensive and in-depth coaching to the team and wider audit department.
What you will bring
You will ideally be an experienced self-starter with an internal audit or risk/compliance advisory background from a Big 4 accounting or related Financial Services firm, with strong analytical, leadership and organizational skills. Possessing excellent verbal and written communication skills, you will be able to easily adapt and react positively in a changing and dynamic Global work environment.
- A bachelor's degree or qualification in relevant audit, risk management, regulatory, or compliance areas.
- Auditing and/or regulatory experience with a solid understanding of risk management and compliance processes and practices within the financial services sector.
- Knowledge of the operations, functions, and objectives of interfacing areas is required to effectively audit operations, services, systems, workflow, and operational impact on other areas
- Risk management experience gained working in Audit, Risk or a Compliance function. Experience in consulting/auditing Anti-Money Laundering and Economic Sanctions requirements would be an advantage.
- An ability to work in a fast paced environment as part of a Global Audit team across Multiple Time Zones and Jurisdictions
As of December 31, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $139 billion in banking assets
- $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
- $10.7 trillion in assets under custody / administration
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
Northern Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for excellence in our efforts to recruit, develop and deploy the highest caliber workforce. Our commitment and success to a diverse workforce is evident in employee satisfaction and industry acknowledgment. For a list of all our achievements please click here.
The closing date to apply for this role is 15th May 2018 and we will be in touch with an update within two weeks.
For a private discussion please contact Gez Williams on +61 3 9935 8204.