Senior Consultant - Internal Audit - Melbourne
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 24 Feb 18
See job description for details
- We'll have you working with Australia's most respected companies from day one
- Opportunity to work with blue chip organisations across a variety of industries
- Melbourne CBD location
A key component of KPMG's Audit, Assurance and Risk Consulting practice is our Internal Audit (IA) Team who work with boards and management to achieve optimal governance, risk and control environments that support organisations strategic and operational priorities.
Due to continued growth in our business and increasing client demand, we are currently recruiting for professionals within the IA team IA roles provide opportunities to work with blue chip organisations across a variety of industries with a particular focus on utilities, oil & gas, transport, government, mining, financial services and healthcare.
IA delivers a range of services across all industry sectors in the areas of Internal Audit, Compliance, Controls Transformation and Corporate Governance.
Your new role
As a Senior Consultant you will be responsible for the following:
- Managing a portfolio of clients
- Overall scoping, executing and delivery on a variety of internal audits as well as advisory projects
- Maintain strong relationships with the client during and post engagements
- Advising high profile clients with major capital as well as operational project initiatives, focusing on risk management, process review and controls
- Leading teams on client delivery and engagements
- Recent experience in an internal audit or risk associated role
- A tertiary qualification, post-grad qualifications such as CIA/CPA/CA will be viewed favorably
- An ability to lead and mentor staff
- Strong ability to analyse information quickly using innovative solutions to solve complex problems
- Highly developed report writing, communication and presentation skills
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 30 Jan 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 01 Mar 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time