Senior Data Analyst
Who we are:
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. In today's fast-changing digital era, our purpose is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy. With technology at our core, we built a proprietary global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay in any foreign currency across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. In just five years since we were founded, Airwallex has grown to become Australia's fastest-growing fintech unicorn and a well-funded international technology leader backed by world-leading investors. Our leadership, innovation and scale have been recognised and awarded by leading independent authorities, such as listing in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placing in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking to expand our global teams with smart, driven and passionate individuals who are excited about joining our rocketship and taking on the challenge of a lifetime. The role
This data analyst role sits within the SME Banking team, which is accountable for building Airwallex's web and mobile app products. The Senior Data Analyst will play a critical part in shaping the SME Banking team's product strategy and roadmap by using their data analysis and problem solving skills to identify the highest value opportunities to improve the product. The Senior Data Analyst will report to the team's Product Strategy Manager.
The role will involve:
- Owning the continued development of the SME Banking team's data capabilities, including defining analytics methodologies, driving adoption of new tooling, and leading the enhancement of our tracking.
- Leading periodic business and product performance reviews, and communicating key insights to stakeholders and senior management.
- Building dashboards that report on OKR progress and product performance.
- Collaborating with various functions within our team, including Product, Engineering, Design, Sales and Partnerships, to help develop new and innovative product offerings.
- Championing data driven decision making across the SME Banking team and at all levels of our product strategy.
Who you are
- You are obsessed with using data to identify key problems at the lowest level of detail.
- You are highly analytical, inquisitive, and detail oriented by nature.
- You are outcome-oriented and hold yourself accountable for key deliverables.
- You work collaboratively with people at all levels, and across all functions and cultures.
Your past skills and experience
- 3+ years of experience, preferably in an in-house or consulting strategic data analytics role.
- Strong quantitative analytical and problem solving skills are essential.
- Strong SQL, Tableau and Excel skills are required.
- Experience in technology, financial services and/or a high growth environment is advantageous.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.