Senior Developer (Java\/AWS)
Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $10 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients. Our Team & Opportunity
The Investment Management Systems team services all of our Investment Management Group, consisting of the Equity Investment Group, Fixed Income Investment Group, Capital Markets, Investment Strategy Group, as well as external clients and vendors throughout the Asia-Pac region.
The Capital Markets - Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) team in Australia is responsible for providing software development and support services for critical systems that support our global ETF business. As part of the New Ways of Working (NWOW) transformation, we are looking to build a full stacked team to take ownership of a product in the ETF end to end lifecycle. Core Accountabilities
Key Technical Skills
- Refactor and migrate existing on-prem applications to AWS. This will also include integration with existing IT systems owned by other teams.
- Closely work with global partners to design solutions, ensuring that we are aligned to the architectural direction of the platform.
- Business outcome focus using CI/CD and DevSecOps principles.
- Provide BAU and production support.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones
- Perform Automation testing and requirements solicitation when required.
Specialization that will make an impact:
- AWS (DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, Step Functions, Cloud Formation, Kinesis, SNS, SQS, Amazon RDS)
- Java 8 and/or 9 with Spring Boot, Spring Integration, JAZ_RS, Spring Batch and Spring 4/5
More about you
- Angular, preferably Angular 6
- Test automation and test-driven development practices and frameworks - mutation testing, functional testing (JUnit, Cucumber), mock frameworks (Mockito, etc.), contract testing
- Familiarity with DevSecOps concepts, tools and continuous delivery pipelines - Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket, Jira, etc.
- Experience with API management platforms, design standards, patterns and best practices is a plus
You'll bring outstanding stakeholder engagement skills, along with exceptional communication skills. You'll have experience in a global environment with a demonstrated ability in driving results and efficiently contributing to innovative customer solutions. You understand targets and timelines and have an ability to transform ambiguity into solutions and business outcome through collaboration and creativity. You'll bring demonstrated similar development experience, ideally within a similar organisation or consultancy, and also experience working in an agile process and SCRUM environment. Inclusion Statement
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.