Senior Manager- Tax Advisory
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 20 Mar 18
See job description for details
- Looking for a role that is pure Tax Advisory with no compliance work?
- Value diversity? It's what sets us apart. Interested in a career beyond accounting?
- With a diverse range of projects, we'll have you working with Australia's most respected companies from day one.
Your new role
Responsibilities as a Senior Manager include:
- Developing relationships with clients and targets to gain an understanding of their businesses, and identify potential opportunities
- Leading multiple engagements of varying size and complexity
- Advising clients on complex tax matters
- Producing well-researched tax opinions
- Providing guidance and mentoring to junior tax consultants
- A true leadership approach and previous experience mentoring junior tax consultants
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining relationships at various levels
- Demonstrated strategic and innovative thinking skills with the ability to develop tailored solutions to address complex needs
- Australian and/or other Commonwealth country tax experience
- Previous corporate tax experience in either a Big 4 or middle tier firm. Experience working in an in-house role will be considered
- Legal and/or commence degree (desirable) Strong interpersonal and influencing skills and the ability to motivate and lead teams to achieving an outcome
KPMG is one of the world's leading professional services networks. It comprises over 162,000 people in member firms in more than 155 countries. We bring our clients the best minds and the deepest industry experiences from across the KPMG network of firms. We provide a culture of learning and support in which professionals can flourish and discover their true potential. In Australia, and globally, KPMG is recognized as an employer of choice, including receiving the Employer of Choice for Gender Equality from WGEA, and a Top 10 Gold Tier Employer in the Australian Workplace Equality Index.
At KPMG we offer you:
- Ongoing learning and career development opportunities, including global secondments
- The ability to collaborate and link across borders and globally with sector and technical experts in all parts of our business
- The ability to be involved in KPMG's support of numerous organisations in the areas of education, social inclusion and health including our Reconciliation Action Plan and Global Green Initiative
- A culture focused on agile, collaborative working environments supported by cutting edge technology and virtual systems
Advertised: 26 Feb 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 26 Mar 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time