Senior Manager, FSO Assurance (Banking/Insurance/WAM) - Melbourne/Sydney
- Work with a team of collaborators, innovators and the brightest minds in the industry
- Lead a diverse, highly motivated and collaborative team
- Join an award-winning organisation recognised for its D&I initiatives
https://www.ey.com/au/shape-the-world The opportunity
We are looking for Senior Managers to join our Melbourne and Sydney based Financial Services Office (FSO) Assurance teams. This role is offered on a flexible full-time basis. We are seeking driven and ambitious Senior Managers to play a key role in driving growth by developing new and existing client relationships, leading highly skilled project teams and delivering a first-class customer experience on high-profile engagements. In return for helping us build a better working world you can expect excellent career opportunities within a dynamic and collaborative environment. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Leading audit engagements, defining audit strategies, managing team performance and keeping engagement leaders updated
- Effectively managing Audit processes with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters
- Coach and mentor other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge
- Engaging clients and providing authoritative advice and professionalism throughout transactions, including identifications of improvements in business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver these to clients.
- Constantly developing your understanding of current market trends and processes and sharing your knowledge to develop junior colleagues
- Understanding our clients' unique ambitions and needs and referring them to colleagues in other teams and areas to broaden our business relationships where possible
Ideally, you'll also have
- 8+ years' experience as an auditor
- Demonstrated experience delivering external audit and assurance engagements at Senior Manager level
- Experience with Financial Services (Banking) clients is essential
- Experience leading the planning, execution and reporting on audits
- Proven track record with developing and maintaining client relationships
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills and a collaborative approach to management
- Expertise in accounting frameworks (IFRS) and in related financial reporting matters.
- A recognised accounting qualification (CA, CPA, ACCA)
Who are Assurance?
- Knowledge of current market issues in Australia
Assurance is a promise, a positive declaration intended to give confidence. You can be part of the next big climate change initiative, work with the latest innovative forensic intelligence or provide robustness and clarity as part of an audit committee. EY teams deliver on providing that confidence to our clients and you can be part of that promise. Learn more about Assurance here - https://www.ey.com/au/aboutassurance What working at EY offers
Our Total Rewards package includes:
Who we are
- formal or informal flexible working options e.g. remote working, flexible start and finish times - https://www.ey.com/au/eyflexibility
- career and learning development e.g. EY badges ( https://www.ey.com/gl/eybadges ), career mentoring
- an extensive range of wellbeing and benefit offerings e.g. Salary packaging, parental leave and support, health checks
EY is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer ( https://www.ey.com/au/eydiversityInclusion ) offering a vast range of internal networks including Ability EY, our disability network, Unity, our LGBTI network and our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander network enabling us all to embrace and value the diverse society we live within. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application via email@example.com or +61 1800 017 666.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now!
The preferred applicant will be subject to employment screening by EY or by their external third party provider.
© 2019 Ernst & Young Australia. All Rights Reserved. Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation.