Senior Network Design Consultant
You and Your New Roles
This role is responsible for designing, operating and maintaining NAB's Enterprise network leveraging the latest in high scale networking hardware, multi-tier topology and advanced tooling. This role is pivotal in driving technology changes that ensure a safe and reliable network, identify road-maps to cater customer requirements, drive root cause of complex issues within the team and external vendors, develop automated tooling and implement design optimizations that drive reliability. Key Responsibility
- Design monitoring & event management processes to maintain critical production systems availability
- Proactively identify network risks and drive improvements to enhance network resiliency and availability
- Handle escalations and provide strategic solutions to improve production system availability following outages.
- Identify and drive automation opportunities that reduces failure rates and downtime of network
- Applying effective risk controls to identify potential threats and minimize or remove a business impact.
- Act as a focal point for high impact network problem resolution
- Effectively communicate issues to engineers within/outside the immediate team, and implement resolutions/work-around to mitigate impacts.
- Create and document action plans and standard operating procedures
- Develop expertise in specific areas (i.e. technology, product) and mentor colleagues by transferrin
- Extensive experience in networking technologies & prior experience in network operations/support.
- Strong practical knowledge of designing, implementing and troubleshooting network in a multi-vendor environment such as Cisco/Juniper etc.
- Strong practical knowledge of TCP/IP, routing and switching protocols (examples: BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, and STP) and datacentre environment.
- Experience in shell Scripting and/or coding languages such as Python, Perl, or Shell (bash, ksh, csh) Proven crisis management skills
- Prior experience in network operations/support.
At NAB, we believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too. We are proud to have dedicated $70 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad Programs, and Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
02 Mar 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time