Senior Product Consultant (12 month contract)
Job Description Product Consultants are expert in the implementation, configuration and upgrade of Basel II/Basel III software solutions.
- Assist clients with all stages of a product implementation:
- Proof of concept
- Gap analysis and data mapping
- Business requirement gathering and confirmation
- Specification Documentation and walkthrough with client
- Product installation and configuration
- Development of custom functionality
- Conduct Functional training
- Work with customers to fulfill their requirement by using our products.
- Work with project managers to build and maintain a project plan, project documentation, and issues log.
- Work with product managers to give feedback on the product and to log product defects.
- Stay current on the functionality of our products.
- Share knowledge with other consultants on how best to implement our products.
- Able to work in a working mode which may require communication and interaction via Webex conference calls or video conferences.
- This role may require some amount of travel to client sites outside Melbourne.
- Degree in finance, financial engineering, economics or Information Technology;
- 5 to 8 years' relevant professional experience in a vendor, System Integrator, consultancy, financial institution or banking environment;
- Experience of working in a Software implementation role;
- IT Savvy with prior full SDLC implementation experience in at least one of the following fields: core banking, risk management, and finance related systems;
- Significant experience in the Banking Industry within risk management;
- Basel II and Basel III exposure gained in a Bank, a consultancy firm or a Software engineering company;
- Excellent knowledge of existing an international regulatory requirements in Credit Risk, Market Risk, and Operational Risk (e.g. EU - Capital Requirements Directive - CRD, Basel II) and in depth understanding of the proposed revision of the international regulatory framework (Basel III, CRD 3, CRD 4);
- Relevant professional qualifications (e.g. FRM or CFA) is a plus;
- Technical skills on Relational databases and Oracle SQL;
- Experience in Data Mapping between systems of financial and risk data;
- Knowledge of SQL, experience with SQL programming;
- Strong functional and business skills in Financial Instrument (banking and/or Trading book);
- Capability in drafting Data policies and documentation;
- Excellent presentation, organizational, verbal and written communication skills;
- English mandatory to liaise with our clients;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively communicate and interact with clients and internal staff at all organizational levels;
- A team player and enjoy interacting with people of all levels in a multicultural environment;
- Ability and willingness to travel.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.