Senior Program Architect - Telecommunications
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Customer Success Group Job Details
The Program Architect is an instrumental service at Salesforce Industries, partnering with our leading customers to fully maximize their investment in the Salesforce Industries out-of-the-box product and implement the platform as it was designed. This ensures our customers deploy a solution that is fast to market, highly performant and scalable, and allows them to realize the overall business objectives of their digital transformation program.
Salesforce Industries serves the world's largest companies with the most complete and innovative suite of industry-focused, customer-centric & omnichannel solutions.
Built in partnership with Salesforce, it is 100% native and additive to the Salesforce platform with 3 fundamental layers:
- An extensive industry-specific data model.
- A complete set of industry-specific business processes and integrations.
- A full range of industry-specific omnichannel experiences and apps (including sales, marketing, service, enterprise product catalog, CPQ, contract management, order management and commerce solutions).
Salesforce Industries has invested over $100m in R&D to extend Salesforce and deliver these industry-specific capabilities as out-of-the-box products. This has all been designed and built in complete collaboration with the Salesforce engineering teams.
These out-of-the-box products support our customers' rapid time-to-market, simplified processes, increased agility and ongoing innovation. All at a lower cost of ownership to the business. However, these business advantages are only gained if the out-of-the-box product is fully leveraged, implemented properly and deployed as designed. This demands a complete and comprehensive understanding of the out-of-the-box product supported by strong program governance and deep enterprise architecture experience.
This is where Salesforce Industries' Program Architects delivers a critical service. With your unique combination of deep Salesforce, Salesforce Industries, Enterprise Architecture and Industry experience, you have the knowledge and expertise to ensure that our customers are fully leveraging their investment in the platform and taking full advantage of the out-of-the-box functionality.
As a Salesforce Industries Program Architect, you will have 10+ years of industry experience, undergo the most rigorous and comprehensive Salesforce and Salesforce Industries training, collaborate with our engineering teams on a daily basis, and have complete coverage of the Salesforce Industries out-of-the-box product at every layer.
Salesforce Industries' Program Architects are aware of every element of the industry data model, every business process available in the library, and every component of the omnichannel user experience. This means that when our customers have a business requirement that needs addressing, you understand how to deliver it using the out-of-the-box capabilities and avoid the need for customization.
As a Salesforce Industries Program Architect, you will not be an additional resource on the project team or compared to a traditional services role. Rather, your role brings a very specific range of strategic, industry, Salesforce, Salesforce Industries, and CRM architecture skills to the table. Your value maps directly to the business value gained through leveraging the Salesforce Industries product 100% with the resulting rapid time-to-market, simplified processes, increased agility and ongoing innovation. Not to mention the cost avoidance of customization, deployment delays, errors with mission critical systems, and the inability to take advantage of ongoing innovation and upgrades.
From our experience, the overall success of any digital transformation program, which is often a significant investment, is directly tied to the strategic involvement of a Salesforce Industries Program Architect from the start. RESPONSIBILITIES
- As a Salesforce Industries Program Architect, you are partnering with our leading customers to fully maximize their investment in the Salesforce Industries out-of-the-box product and implement the platform as it was designed.
- You will be responsible for ensuring our customers deploy a solution that is fast to market, highly performant and scalable, and allows them to realize the overall business objectives of their digital transformation program.
- It will be your responsibility to collaborate with our customers full-time, at the most senior level, to understand and execute against their long-term business strategy.
- You must build relationships at CxO, Business, IT and Enterprise Architecture level within the customer. Being able to engage and influence leaders across the customer team is critical to this role.
- You will be responsible for the overall Salesforce Industries architecture and design, providing best practice guidance and patterns to our customers, their partners and the implementation team.
- You will take a lead role in ongoing governance meetings and have the confidence to voice your opinions and challenge issues that you feel impact the program's success.
- You will maintain a deep knowledge and understanding of the industry vertical, and continually undergo the most vigorous product training and certification.
- You will be responsible for maintaining a complete awareness of the Salesforce Industries out-of-the-box product allowing you to support a product-led design approach from your customer.
- You will maintain your certification across all enabling platforms including Salesforce, Salesforce Industries and Amazon AWS.
- You will establish a direct line into the Salesforce Industries Product Management, on behalf of the customer, representing their needs and aligning on future roadmap and new release priorities.
- You will contribute to the growth of Program Architecture program globally, mentoring new team members in being successful in the role.
- 10+ years of enterprise consulting experience in the Communications industry spanning large organizations and enterprise platforms such as Salesforce, Salesforce Industries, Oracle, Siebel, Microsoft, Amdocs and Netcracker.
- 5+ years of experience as a Senior Architect and/or CTO in a mid-to-large sized organization. Successfully demonstrated leadership and influential skills in a complex organization.
- Experience with key areas of enterprise architecture including Cloud, Integration Technologies, Master Data Management, AWS and CDNs.
- Hands-on experience with Agile Implementation Frameworks.
- Proven ability to analyze, design, and optimize business processes via out-of-the-box product, technology and integration.
- Success in guiding customers and colleagues in rationalizing and deploying emerging technologies that drive increased business value.
- Accomplished speaker with the ability to evangelize best practices at various levels within a large organization, SIs or a combination of the two.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Able to effectively develop materials that are appropriate for the audience.
- Strong presentation skills. Able to effectively present and defend a point of view to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter across the following domains: front- and back-end solution architecture, web/mobile solutions, development and release management strategies, change management, and direct leadership in designing solutions that meet or exceed customer needs.
- Travel to the client site an average of 75% but may be higher or lower based on the client engagement.
DESIRED CERTIFICATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Salesforce Industries Certification Preferred.
- Salesforce Certification Preferred (Admin, Developer, Sales and Service Clouds).
- Alternatively, architecture certifications from equivalent platforms (Oracle and AWS).
- Prior platform experience at Oracle, Siebel, Microsoft, Amdocs or Netcracker.
- Product Catalog and CPQ experience (Apttus, Siebel, Steelbrick, NetCracker, Amdocs).
- Extensive experiences with integration platforms that support large, mission-critical volumes.
- Understanding of Integration Patterns and Enterprise Component architecture.
- Understanding of DevOps and Release Management for large transformation projects.
- Understanding of Mobile and Lightning Style frameworks and channels.
- Ability to get hands-on to solve problems and demonstrate certain development patterns.
- Ability to use Google and Microsoft productivity tools.
- Salesforce Certification Preferred (Admin, Developer, Sales and Service Clouds).
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, STEM Subject, Business or a related field.
- Affiliated to industry forums such as TM Forum (SID, eTOM).
- TOGAF and Industry Architecture qualifications.
- Solid understanding of industry regulations such as HIPAA and GDPR.
- Agile Methodology certification such as Scaled Agile Framework.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.