Senior SA SDE
Do you get a kick out of executing experiments and building prototypes to prove new ideas?
Come build with us and enable our customers to have step-change growth and be wildly successful.
AWS is where innovation, risks, and ideas are celebrated. We are builders, we try new things, and imagine big dreams. It is still Day 1 for us, and we are looking for curious people to be part of our diverse team.
The AWS Solution Architecture organisation works with customers on company-wide initiatives across the customer's architecture and dives deep in providing solutions for critical issues.
This role is a software prototyping role where you'll be able to work side-by-side with Solution Architects and builders from one of Australia's fastest growing engineering companies, enabling their success on AWS. You'll have the opportunity to learn from the AWS ecosystem and impart that knowledge to customers through hands-on development.
You will possess proven software engineering skills. You are versatile, able to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment and eager to establish relationships with customers from engineers through to c-suite leaders. You are comfortable managing competing priorities and are able to bring order to ambiguous scenarios. Maturity, good judgment, and the ability to influence and lead are essential to success in this role. You are data-driven and analytical. You can clearly & effectively communicate (written and verbally), across organisations and up to senior leadership.
At AWS, we don't mind being called "peculiar." We see beauty in simplifying the complex, and we're comfortable being misunderstood for long periods of time. That might sound unorthodox. We believe in removing obstacles so builders can build which is why our people enjoy working at AWS. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent with 5+ years of industry experience.
• Experience building scalable software for commercial online services.
• Experience with the tools of the trade, such as source control, CI/CD, testing strategies, and long term maintenance tradeoffs.
• Problem solving, design, and analytical abilities.
• Ability to execute independently.
• Ability to build relationships with customers and partners. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• MS in Computer Science or equivalent with 7+ years of industry experience.
• Knowledge of distributed systems design and implementation, large scale automation and workflow management, database design and implementation
• Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical partners
• Experience building developer facing products and services
• Demonstrated leadership abilities in an engineering environment in driving operational excellence and best practices