Senior Software Engineer - Java and Microservices
You & your new role.
Our Microservices team is seeking a passionate Senior Software Engineer to help design and deliver RESTful APIs by building Microservices using Cloud technologies that will be used by different applications in order to improve customer's banking experience.
The successful applicant will be part of our delivery team and will be responsible for providing technical leadership throughout all phases of the software delivery life cycle as we initiate a transformation of NAB technology. This career defining role is a great opportunity for you to contribute to the technological transformation towards creating a great experience for our customers. About you
Banking or financial experience with digital products and customers whilst utilising other customer-focused methodologies or Java technologies is welcomed. Technical Skills required:
- Design and Development of Java based microservices
- Design and Development of solutions using AWS native services
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with Spring/Spring Boot frameworks
- Experience with Docker
- Understanding of the Circuit Breaker pattern
- Database knowledge and ORM frameworks
- Experience with Automated Testing
- Continuous Integration/Deployment Practices - Jenkins/Ansible
- Good understanding of caching concepts - Hazelcast is a plus
- Secure coding practices
- Experience with TDD/BDD is a plus
- Working/Coaching with Agile software development team
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Strong, existing experience in leading technical teams
- Strong analytical / problem-solving skills
We believe success comes from our people. We're committed to supporting your talent and skills through your career, as you help us build a culture that affects change for our customers - and for the community too.We are the bank that backs the bold who move Australia forward.
We are proud to have dedicated $55 billion to help address climate change, be recognised as a Gold employer of LGBTI Inclusion by AWEI, endorsed as an employer for Women by Work180, have an African Australian Inclusion Program, Grad, Traineeship and Internship Programs. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. The Benefits
From education and volunteer leave to learning benefits and banking discounts, we offer access to a wide range of employee benefits. For more information please visit here.
If you think this role is the right fit for you, we invite you to apply. Let's have a serious but informal chat about who you are and what drives you. We'd love to share our vision for the future of banking.
To be eligible to apply, you must have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency status. Please note candidate screening and interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date of the job advert. Advertised:
12 Mar 2020 12:00 AM AUS Eastern Daylight Time