Site Reliability, Sustainable Engineering and Operations Lead
- Collaborate with sector and technical experts to grow your knowledge and network
- Develop an innovative automation first approach to Service Management and Operations
- Join a growing area of the KPMG business that provides significant scope for opportunity and growth
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
We are growing our client facing technical platforms and need a dedicated head for sustainable engineering / operations. While we a small set of platforms across various industry facing demands, we have a number in the pipeline and need to focus on establishing a highly automated and efficient set of processes and tools to support our growth agenda. Your Opportunity
This is a growing area of the KPMG business and provides significant scope for opportunity and growth to work in first rate team and leadership with an incredibly diverse range of industries and clients and related problems to solve.
You will be reporting to the head of engineering within the KPMG CTO group. You will:
How are you Extraordinary?
- Setup a dedicated team likely seeded with some existing members, but with recruitment on the horizon.
- Plan and work through an automation first approach to reliable deployments, service Management and Operations, influencing how the platform infrastructure is setup for our reference hosting patterns.
- You have a relatively green field, with a senior and dev team focused on setting up a best in class, highly automated and efficient operational environment into which existing platforms will be transferred and newly developed platforms will adhere to.
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
The ideal candidate will have software engineering background / heritage, with DevOps experiences and managing or delivering operations within contemporary / mode 2 environment including highly automated operational environments.
As a minimum you will have
- Strong organizational/business planning skills
- Technically proficient, problem solver with ability to consider pragmatic approaches
- Hands on experience implementing and leveraging various automation platforms and tooling
- Ability to manage, mentor and lead your eventual team while not afraid to "roll-up your sleeves"
- Great communication skills, and the ability to lead teams with a range of skills and capability
- Demonstrable track record dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering measurable results in a fast-paced environment
- Industry experience working as a manager or operational lead
- Experience building and managing services within Azure and AWS
- Work effectively in a highly collaborative, team-oriented environment and communicate with team members of all disciplines and levels
- Management experience leading a team of engineers or operational staff
Ideally you will have
- Experience working in Tier 1 organisations, demonstrating a resilience to deal with the challenges of a large scale enterprise
- Desire to move into more management / leadership roles
- Contemporary cloud automation platforms
- Experience managing custom as well as vendor supplied systems
- Azure DevOps tooling experience
- Experience building and managing services running on Kubernetes or Docker
- Experience building and managing cloud native, PAAS and serverless applications
- Startup or scale-up experience
The KPMG Difference
- Senior developer / Lead dev experience
- Humility, empathy and sense of humour
- Working knowledge of ServiceNow including implementation of automation of processes
- Experience of contemporary CI CD tooling
At KPMG, we're passionate about creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. We believe that everyone's unique experiences enable us to deliver meaningful benefits for our people, our clients and communities. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, ages, religions, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, LGBTIQ+ people, those with a disability, women and people with a cultural or linguistically diverse background.
We embrace flexibility as a key principle to allow our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal and family life.
KPMG has a decade-long, proud commitment to Indigenous Australia, as demonstrated by the achievement of an Elevate level Reconciliation Action Plan. KPMG is a foundation member and Principal Partner of Pride in Diversity started in Australia by ACON and the Diversity Council of Australia, and is recognised in the Australian Workplace Equality Index(AWEI) which evaluates LGBTIQ+ inclusiveness in the workplace. KPMG Australia has been consistently recognised as an Employer of Choice in the Australian Government's Workplace Gender Equality Agency(WGEA) annual index.
Flexibility empowers wellbeing
Flexibility enables contribution to the community
Flexibility inspires technology & innovation
Flexibility supports family
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary! Advertised:
08 Mar 2021 AUS Eastern Daylight Time Applications close:
Back to search results Apply now