Hands on development position with a mix of coding and automation testing.
It is an exciting time to be joining CBUS as we undergo our Digital Transformation, implementing various streams of technology to enhance User Experience for our 750,000 members.
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
The Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) will ensure CBUS provides exceptional customer experience across digital and guided channels through our digital technology ecosystem, while balancing risk and regulatory requests.
This is a hands-on technology position that designs, develops, deploys and manages enterprise digital technology platforms.
Ideally you will have come from a Java development background, but have transitioned more onto the Automation Testing side. Accountabilities
As a member of the Design Build and Implement Engineering team, you will share several common responsibilities:
Selection Criteria Technical Capability
- Maintain and manage production environments and contribute to instigating and resolving production support incidents contributing to war room type scenarios
- Continuously contribute to the automation of Continuous integration, continuous deployment and continuous operational monitoring processes
- Contribute to manual testing and automation testing needs driving a TDD practice across the Design, Build and Implement Engineering team
- Training and developing others within the wider Design Build and Implement Engineering team disseminating your knowledge and skills in relevant technology
- Educating yourself on technical advances and the evolution of best practice in your respective disciplines
- Adopt and implement innovative practices, tools, and frameworks to deliver better value.
Other relevant information
- A solid understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle SDLC and its related methodologies
- Built automated testing frameworks and experience with Cypress (or similar automation tools)
- Experience working with continuous integration systems, build process automation and application deploy (Jenkins, Concourse)
- Can write performance test scripts (Gatlingand/or JMeter)
- Can write UI as well as API automated tests.
- Familiar with API testing tools such as Karate.
- Strong demonstrated experience and expertise in selenium
- Experience or knowledge of Container technologies (eg Docker) and their associated orchestration engines (Kubernetes / Openshift / other)
- Demonstrated experience in testing RESTful and SOAP-based web services, JSON objects, multiple databases from web and mobile applications using multiple test automation patterns, tools and technologies like
- Strong demonstrated experience of working within a team following agile practices using tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket.
- Experience in adopting and following modern DevOps philosophies and toolchains like source control, automated code propagation, build management (CI-CD), environment management, configuration management within test automation services /applications
- Cbus supports gender diversity and diversity of thought across our organisation. We promote and support an inclusive, flexible and collaborative culture that respects the differences of our diverse workforce. Behaviours that are not in line with our policies and practices around values, diversity, respect, EEO, OHS and flexibility are not tolerated, and we encourage staff to actively participate in supporting and advocating for our culture to support that diversity;
- All Cbus Managers and staff are responsible for ensuring a safe and healthy work environment;
- Cbus has a smoke free workplace policy. 2 Lonsdale Street has a smoke free building policy;
- The successful applicant will be employed pursuant to the United Super Collective Bargaining Agreement 2017 or any agreement which replaces it;
- The preferred applicant (s), if not already an employee(s) of Cbus, will be required to complete a ‘National Police History Check application form’ so that a Police Certificate can be issued to Cbus. This report will also cover multiple jurisdictions if the candidate has worked overseas for a period of longer than 12 months. Any offer of employment is conditional on Cbus being satisfied as to the results of the police check. Cbus will pay for any expenses incurred;
- This position is located at Level 28, 2 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne.
- This is a full-time position; however flexible working arrangements can be requested.
- This description is indicative of the range of job requirements and accurately reflects the requirements of the role at the time of writing. Due to the nature of the work environment changes may occur to this role over time.