Solutions Architect - AMAZON WEB SERVICES
DESCRIPTION • Do you love tackling new business challenges using cutting edge technology?
• Do you have a history of creatively solving traditional business challenges?
• Can you do it at pace and at scale?
As a Solution Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon's web services within key customer accounts.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate success around specific implementation projects, and developing a deep expertise in the AWS technologies as well as broad know-how around how applications and services are constructed using the AWS platform.
The ideal candidate will possess experience working in or leading teams at fast-moving companies within the tech industry; customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon well within a customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel; as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to software developers and architects. S/he should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key technical member of the Solutions Architecture team in helping to ensure customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform
• Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria
• Own each technical engagement, and help ensure a timely and successful delivery of value. (Delivery of actual solutions to be done by AWS partners.)
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge among the solution architect community
• Understand the AWS market segments, customer base, and industry verticals
• Understand and exploit internal Amazon systems
Want to learn more about being a Solutions Architect at AMAZON Web Services, follow the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Js21xKMFdww
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS Can you...
• describe a recent technology project that you built for fun?
• explain how you decide which tech to use to solve a given problem?
• outline the key decisions you'd need to make when designing a distributed and scalable system?
• whiteboard architectures for highly available, secure systems?
• walk someone through the benefits and drawbacks of a microservices architecture?
• run through the differences between various version control systems?
• explain what a CDN is and what value it offers for users?
• describe what the difference is between ALB and ELB?
If you answered "yes" to at least five of the above, we want to talk to you!
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Computer Science or Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
• Degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent