Systems Service Representative - Melbourne
System Services Representatives are the primary technical interface to clients for the coordination of hardware and software support and delivery of operational services. Sound pretty important? Absolutely! You will advise clients of preventive maintenance, configuration, operation and environmental factors which may drastically impact product performance or impair the client's IT operation.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Work with a highly experienced technical team
- Be at the forefront of change
- Permanent opportunity based in our Melbourne office
For more than one hundred years, IBM has been helping governments, businesses and other organisations leverage technology to drive and implement change and to promote and accelerate scientific discovery. Along the way, we and the world have weathered many storms. And each time IBM has emerged a stronger, more capable company.
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
As Systems Service Representative you will be responsible for on-site installation, maintenance and repair of IBM and multi-vendor systems and components, including hardware, networking products, software and operating systems. They are the primary technical interface to clients for the coordination of hardware and/or software support and delivery of operational services as required by the client. Responsibilities:
- Research internal resources and knowledge bases to find resolution.
- Collaborate with other team members to achieve satisfactory resolution of customer issues.
- Escalate to other support groups when necessary and follow up with them to ensure resolution in a timely manner.
- Ensure regular updates to customer by call back and follow up e-mails.
- Communicate resolution to the customer and reach an agreement of case closure.
- Help maintain internal resources and knowledge bases by documenting findings and suggesting improvements.
- Participate in internal projects and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Follow established processes for effective management of support incidents.
- On call, shift, stand by duties. 24 x 7 roster.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in Engineering or similar technical field
- At least 6 months of experience in customer support role
- Experience in technical customer support role will be considered as advantage
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Good planning and organization skills
- Good computer skills, including MS Office and web navigation
- Troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills to identify and resolve problems
- Ability to research available resources and work instructions to find resolution
- Ability to work and follow up with multiple support groups within the organization to resolve customer issues.
Sign me up!
- Experience with Apple end user products hardware experience or other brand hardware.
- Experience with Laptop and x86 Server hardware.
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise