TCIS Sales Specialist Melbourne
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
An opportunity exists for a TCIS Service Line Rep
with experience across Hybrid Cloud Solutions, Resiliency and Digital Workplace.
In this role, you will support IBM's Journey to Cloud growth strategy by enabling our clients to plan and execute on their cloud platform, DevOps, Resiliency, Network and infrastructure strategies across Advise, Build and Move Phases.
You'll be responsible for building strategic relationships with executives and key business leaders to promote IBM's portfolio of cloud platform solutions, including hybrid cloud and cloud native application development, and container management. What will I be doing day to day?
What skills and experience do I need to have to apply?
- Sell Hybrid Cloud cloud, Resiliency Portfolio & Digital workplace solutions while working within a defined set of accounts.
- Promote the value of IBM services around open source as part of a larger cloud solution
- Advise clients on the best path to move from traditional infrastructure to a hybrid cloud model.
- Gain trusted advisor status with senior IT execs within assigned accounts as part of pipeline development and efforts to develop long term relationships
- Work closely with the dedicated IBM client teams to identify opportunities and provide services sales support specific to open source solutions
- Develop high level cloud strategies for IBM clients as part of a consultative sales cycle
- Take identified opportunities and drive them through a defined sales process to closure
- Lead technical sales discussions with clients from executive to C-level
Sign me up!
- 8+ years of experience in a quota carrying infrastructure solutions sales role or other technical sales role
- 3+ years of experience focused on cloud platform technologies and infrastructure ( Server, compute and Network)
- Competitive knowledge of the container industry such as Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, and Pivotal
- Experience with a diverse set of cloud platforms: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure and Private cloud solutions built on Nutanix, Cisco and Dell.
- Working knowledge of enterprise DevOps processes and technologies
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with the ability to generate client materials for presentations
- Strong understanding of Service Integration and Management concepts and ability to drive a target operational model for clients on the path of Hybrid Cloud Transformation.
- Ability to collaboratively sell solutions in a highly matrix environment
- Balance of sales and technical skills with creative thinking skills
If you are ready to begin an amazing career journey with click "Apply" today
. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities - where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust - where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.