Technical Business Analyst - Print Squad
- Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Feb 19
Technical Business Analyst - Print Squad
Technical Business Analyst
First a bit about ANZ
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
ANZ NWOW Video
The purpose of the Workplace Tech Area is to create a flexible and personalised workplace for ANZ through experiences that make ANZ the “place to be”
As a Project Manager, your mission is to enable the optimisation of existing end-to-end customer journeys and improve the customer experience by devising new, innovative solutions, services, products or propositions. The key focus in this role will be across managed print services across ANZ offices and branches.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the delivery for one or more insourcing work streams (combination of simple and medium complexity)
- Managing the escalation of significant issues relating to delivery which are not resolvable at the project level
- Identifying and capturing requirements and journey maps in order to go to tender for a managed service of product set
- Proactively managing risk; meet all policy and compliance requirements
- Develop detailed transition schedules in conjunction with Product Owner, Release Leads, Technical SMEs, architects, etc. (includes the delivery of any technical components)
- Manage and track the delivery of all transition activities
- Manage the governance activities associated with the respective streams (operational readiness, risk assessments, change assessments, etc.) and identify risks, issues, dependencies proactively
- A team player – You know we only win if we all win. You recognise and value the different perspectives and skills your colleagues bring. It is not about being a hero but jumping in and contributing to the successful delivery of the team’s mission
- The customer’s biggest fan – You demonstrate a thirst for better understanding the customer and define the problem and develop solutions through their eyes
- Comfortable being uncomfortable – You are comfortable with uncertainty and have the ability to effectively manage yourself through ambiguity and change
- Continuous improvement junkie – You constructively challenge the status quo, look for better ways to do things and passionately advocate continuous improvement
- Committed to your own and other’s growth – You strive to stretch and grow yourself and others by identifying your own development areas, seeking feedback and providing feedback to others to help them learn and grow everyday
- A problem solver – You are energised by tackling complex problems and use critical thinking, your network, skills, knowledge, and available data to drive better outcomes for our customers and the bank
- Risk savvy – You build sustainable solutions that protect customers, stakeholders and the community
- Existing functional experience or expertise in one or more of the following disciplines: Technical BA Lead or Technical Project Management
- A willingness to broaden your experience and expertise to develop skills in the above disciplines and become more effective at optimising end-to-end customer journeys
- Ability to explore customer needs in a data-driven way, develop and implement innovative solutions, test the outcomes, and iterate
- You are adept at juggling competing priorities in a fast paced, demanding environment and have strong internal and external stakeholder management skills.
- Previous experience working across print landscapes
- Experience in managing multiple Vendors
- Commercial / contractual experience – proven history of reviewing and analyzing commercial documents
- Facilitating and running process and technical workshops, to achieve specific outcomes
- Ability to communicate with commercial, financial, business, risk, and technical stakeholders at all levels
- Transition planning and execution experience
- Process mapping and documentation
- Logistical expertise (changes and deployments to large user base)
- A sound understanding and experiencing in delivering projects in accordance with Agile methodology and proven experience using JIRA and Confluence.
This position is a permanent opportunity based in Docklands. Internally, this role is referred to as a Journey Expert.
At ANZ we aim to create an inclusive environment where employee differences such as gender, age, culture, disability, sexual orientation, family and caring responsibilities and religion are valued.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.