Technical Lead - ETF Value Stream
Vanguard Australia has been helping investors achieve their long-term financial goals for over 20 years. Serving institutional and individual clients, and financial advisers, we offer investment solutions that are low-cost, diversified and robust through time.
With more than AUD $6 trillion in assets under management Vanguard is one of the world's largest global investment management companies. In Australia we partner with institutional clients, financial advisers and individual investors to offer low-cost investment solutions. Our comprehensive range of managed funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and tailored investment solutions are built to support long-term investment success for our clients. Our Team & Opportunity
The ETF Value Stream Team in Australia is responsible for providing software development and support services for critical systems to support our global ETF business. We service our Equity Investment Group, Fixed Income Investment Group, Capital Markets, Global Fund Accounting, as well as external clients and vendors.
As part of the New Ways of Working (NWOW) transformation, we are looking to build a full stacked team to take ownership of a product in the ETF end to end lifecycle. This team will be made up of T-shaped individuals who will contribute in every aspect of the SDLC. To ensure we are set up for success, we are looking for a Technical Lead who can lead us through this journey and to allow us to become more self-sufficient and less reliant on our Global team support. What you will do
What we are looking for
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to the team to refactor and migrate existing on-prem applications to AWS. This will also include integration with existing IT systems owned by other teams.
- Closely work with global partners to design solutions, ensuring that we are aligned to the architectural direction of the platform.
- Business outcome focus using CI/CD and DevSecOps principles.
- Provide BAU and production support.
- Thoroughly understands and complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones.
Specializations that'll make an impact
- Undergraduate degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Significant software engineering experience. Experience developed within investment management or financial services would be highly desirable.
- Experience with cloud/AWS development/engineering best practices
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement skills, along with exceptional communication skills.
- Experience working in a global environment with a demonstrated ability to drive business outcome and efficiently contribute to innovative customer solutions.
- Understanding of targets and timelines and have an ability to transform ambiguity into solutions through collaboration and creativity.
- Experienced with agile processes and scrum environment.
- Java 8 and/or 9 with Spring Boot, Spring Integration, JAX-RS, Spring Batch and Spring 4/5
- AWS (DynamoDB, S3, Lambda, Step Functions, Cloud Formation, Kinesis, SNS, SQS)
- Angular, preferably Angular 6
- Test automation and test-driven development practices and frameworks - mutation testing, functional testing (JUnit, Cucumber), mock frameworks (Mockito, etc.), contract testing
- Familiarity with DevSecOps concepts, tools and continuous delivery pipelines - Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven, Bitbucket, Jira, etc.
- Experience with API management platforms, design standards, patterns and best practices is a plus
- Knowledge of cloud data stores is a plus - S3, Dynamo DB and/or Amazon RDS
Vanguard's continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: "Do the right thing."
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard's core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success. Where to from here?
If you would like to discuss further please contact Richard Maher from our Talent Acquisition team on Richard.email@example.com .