Technical Sales Specialist - Financial Services Sector
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
In this Go-to-Market role, you are responsible for the identification, development, and assessment of Application Development & Management Innovation (ADMI) opportunities for potential engagement. You will have a thorough understanding of the nature of business problems in ADMI, and the products and solutions that provide value in solving those problems. You're knowledgeable in the trends and direction of ADMI, the marketplace, and the players. You'll develop executive and senior management relationships in ADMI. You'll responsible for the ongoing qualification of opportunities and to recommend whether to engage, disqualify, or refer opportunities to other IBM groups. What will I be doing day to day?
What skills and experience do I need to apply?
- Be required to use your previous industry experience and contacts to build a pursuit strategy for your account/s working closely with the account delivery and industry team
- Be required to use your subject matter expertise and developed sales skills and experience to identify, shape and set value driven proposals.
- Identify and develop compelling value propositions for application innovation services solutions that span the range of services offered by the IBM Services business
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the information technology industry and associated innovation solutions in cloud, cognitive and analytics and strategies that can be applied to opportunities specific to your clients.
- Apply acquired knowledge of sales techniques and tools to develop opportunities, reduce selling cycle time and bring innovative, executable solutions to clients.
- Differentiate IBM offerings from competitive alternatives and create distinct customer preference for IBM offerings.
How will I measure success?
- You are a driven professional, accustomed to meeting targets. You must have a proven track record with knowledge of the Finance industry market or similarly combined with a solid understanding of IT.
- You will ideally possess a growing knowledge of selling cloud-based solutions in the ERP, IT implementation and Application Innovation Services areas.
- You will also possess exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to identify and secure new client relationships and build professional relationships both externally and internally.
- Minimum five and desired ten years combined experience leading delivery and developing and closing business in application innovation services to clients with exposure to full development and management life cycle.
- Demonstrated responsibility for building and retaining high client satisfaction results and for building trusted relationships.
- Strong experience in sales engagement process including development of quality proposals.
- Proposing opportunities of value to clients taking them from idea to delivered business as extensions to existing services (typically < $10M) in value.
- Proposal Presentation to client middle management and executives.
Contract Signings performance; Business development metric such as future quarter pipeline of qualified business. #approfpriorityjob
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise