Transaction Monitoring Analyst
Who we are:
Established in Melbourne in 2015, Airwallex is a global payments fintech transforming the way businesses move and manage money domestically and internationally. In today's fast-changing digital era, our purpose is to empower businesses of all sizes to grow in their own markets and around the world, and by doing so, contribute to the global economy. With technology at our core, we built a proprietary global financial infrastructure platform to help businesses transact, collect and pay in any foreign currency across 130+ countries and 50+ currencies, without the constraints of the traditional global financial system. In just five years since we were founded, Airwallex has grown to become Australia's fastest-growing fintech unicorn and a well-funded international technology leader backed by world-leading investors. Our leadership, innovation and scale have been recognised and awarded by leading independent authorities, such as listing in Forbes' Cloud 100 2020, and placing in the Top 50 of KPMG's Global Fintech100 two years in a row. To support our ambitious growth plans, we're looking to expand our global teams with smart, driven and passionate individuals who are excited about joining our rocketship and taking on the challenge of a lifetime. The role:
Reporting to the TM Lead, this role will help to drive Australia's Transaction Monitoring operations and ensure Airwallex remains compliant with all regulatory obligations while helping current and future customers to have a seamless experience with Airwallex. We expect you to have strong attention to detail and a good understanding of AML/CTF related functions.
What you'll do
- Help to prevent money laundering, terrorism financing, and sanctions violations.
- Monitor Airwallex's AML/CTF rules for any suspicious or unusual transactions.
- Ensure any transaction alerts are reviewed and dealt with in a timely manner.
- File Suspicious Matter Reports (SMRs) with AUSTRAC when required.
- Conduct real time screening to ensure compliance with sanctions obligations.
- Ensure adherence to local and global compliance policies and procedures.
- Stay up-to-date with AML related news and regulatory developments.
What you'll bring
- Bachelor's Degree or enough experience that you don't need one.
- Proven track record of working in an AML/CTF investigations role within Australia.
- Understanding of Australian and international ML/TF typologies.
- Willingness to learn new.
- Compliance processes and develop skills at a fast pace.
- Proficient in use of MS outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience with SQL and data/trends analysis a big plus.
- Experience in FinTech or start-up experience is strongly preferred.
At Airwallex we like to ensure we create the best environment for our people providing a collaborative open office space, PlayStation and table tennis to unwind, a fully stocked kitchen which includes breakfast, snacks, fruit, beers, you name it! We also organise regular team building events, encourage flexible/remote working and offer learning and development opportunities. Most importantly, we give our people the freedom to be creative.
Airwallex is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Airwallex is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent. We don't regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.