Transfer Agency - Oversight - AML/KYC
The AML/KYC team is a sub-team of the Transfer Agency Oversight team which further sits within the Funds Administration function in Australia. The Transfer Agency Oversight team supports both managed and superannuation fund clients, with processing and reporting function being performed from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The candidate will report into the AML/KYC Manager, and be responsible for:
- Review the current policies and procedures relating to account opening and monitoring with the view to enhance operational efficiency;
- Perform or review customer due diligence/ KYC on new clients/ business;
- Represent TA AML/KYC in projects which may arise from time to time;
- Adhere to Citi's risk and control framework in the application of registry services and procedures.
- Assist to review the current Australian AML/KYC process and procedures with the view to enhance operational efficiency;
- Act as a central contact point between internal parties mainly processing team in Malaysia and clients on AML/KYC related matters;
- Perform or review customer due diligence on new investors which would involve requesting KYC information, reviewing and verifying the received documentation;
- Review and assess AML-related escalations from processing team in Malaysia;
- Provide AML-related and FATCA/CRS reporting to client and address follow-up queries;
- Ensure proper record retention of relevant AML/KYC documentation for an audience that includes Management, Regulators, Internal Audit, Senior Managers and Internal Compliance;
- Compile management reporting information to internal and external stakeholders as and when required;
- Review and support implementation activities pertaining to the TA team (growth pipeline) with regard to AML/KYC.
- Ensure completion of all assigned trainings;
- Involve in or assist with projects relating to AML/KYC;
- Take on additional job-related duties assigned from time to time.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Ensure the business unit maintains the ethical standards contained in the Code of Conduct;
- Adhere to firm policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Has good knowledge of the Financial Services (Managed & Superannuation) industry;
- Has good understanding of the AML/ CTF Act in particular KYC requirements as well as FATCA/CRS requirements;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with staff and third parties;
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work independently, meet deadlines and achieve objectives;
- Proactive and able to use initiative;
- Confident with strong decision making skills;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment;
- Ability to demonstrate a proficient level of verbal and written English.
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in accounting, finance, computer science, Business Admin and/or professional qualification (ACCA, CPA, CA or equivalent).
- Approximately 5 years in a similar position
- Experience with conducting AML/KYC is an advantage
- Compliance qualification is an advantage.
Operations - Transaction Services Job Family:
Fund Accounting Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting