Vice President - Digital & Technology Client Coverage
Citi is a leading global bank with approximately 200 million customer accounts across more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
The Citi Commercial Bank (CCB) business serves corporates with revenue between $75 million and $1.25 billion delivering Citi's distinctive global network and product capabilities. CCB's aim is to act as a trusted thought partner to support our clients' growth by providing access to the full suite of banking solutions - including lending, trade, cash management, FX and advisory services.
The CCB Digital and Technology Coverage Team focuses on new client acquisition, origination and relationship management of high growth companies across several sub-sectors including software, fintech, online media & entertainment, digital payment intermediaries, online travel and AI/IOT. Using Citi's industry expertise and insights we are able to tailor global solutions that cover all the banking requirements of Digital and Technology companies from early stage start-ups through to mature publicly listed corporates. Role
Reporting to the Australian Head of the Digital and Technology sector, the Vice President will lead the acquisition, origination and coverage of mid-large cap Digital and Technology clients in the Victorian and South and Western Australian markets. Using in depth industry knowledge, existing networks and ability to drive positive client outcomes you will assist in expanding CCB's presence in these key markets.
This represents a unique opportunity for a motivated individual to establish and drive the digital and technology coverage business in these markets, whilst contributing to the strategy and growth of the Digital and Technology business in Australia, and help deliver on Citi's ambition to become the primary bank for the Digital & Technology sector in Australia. Responsibilities:
- Actively calls on clients to deepen relationships and proactively owns, responds to, uncovers and anticipates future needs, challenges or risks and expectations;
- Identifies and acquires new to bank relationships;
- Introduces solutions to clients in building and strengthening an effective portfolio;
- Works with product specialists and subject matter experts to structure innovative and customized solutions that meet clients' individual needs
- Works closely with Case Manager on the on-boarding and retention of clients, ensuring the appropriate "Know Your Client" (KYC) and other compliance deliverables are met;
- Identifies cross-sell opportunities to deepen and increase share of wallet;
- Maximizes client experience by proactively sharing markets updates, trends and intelligence;
- Drives innovation in the solutions we provide clients and further developing our business where necessary and appropriate
- Execution of strategic initiatives launched centrally at all levels (Group, Bank, commercial market and EIB)
- Networks with clients to identify avenues for new business opportunities;
- Administrate the credit relationship of the client, coordinating and supervising the entire process, ensuring the proper application of policies and institutional processes
- Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and Citi's policies / guidelines at all times
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 6-10 years of experience
- Sound knowledge of banking and investment products and process as well as a track record of providing sound banking and financial advice and solutions to clients
- Demonstrates sound credit skills by being able to structure more complex deals, which can include capital market transactions
- Demonstrates advanced level of Early Warning Detection skills
- Demonstrates advanced credit skills; able to structure all type of credit deals
- Ability to work effectively in team setting
- Ability to coordinate multi-functional teams to provide an exceptional client experience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills (e.g. negotiation, consultative skills, leadership)
- Ability to work under pressure while making sound decisions
- Highly focused, able to rapidly determine key priorities, clearly communicate the priorities
- A proactive approach in looking for ways in strengthening business relationship with clients, delivers a simple, secure and seamless client experience
- Aggressive and hungry for creating new business opportunities with existing clients and able to demonstrate innovative approaches to meeting clients' needs.
- Ability to embrace new technology and understand the role digital plays in the experience we deliver for our clients
- Able to quickly adapt priorities based on the latest data insights
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Commercial and Business Sales Job Family:
Relationship Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting