Business Process Analyst
- Paramatta, New South Wales, Australia
- Contract, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Australia
- 19 Jan 19
Business Process Analyst
Bring your expereince leading projects, solving business problems and make business improvements to lead this high profile initiative for a local Government department.
This role involves leading, guiding and supporting business stakeholders across the project management lifecycle; from project inception, business case development, business process analytics and process re-engineering, solution design, evaluation and documentation, and through to implementation and change delivery.
This role will be responsible for the delivery of key identified improvement ideas, defining of business and technical requirements to deliver better customer outcomes, and also to harvest tangible benefits.
- Lead and manage projects, and support the implementation of a range of business improvement initiatives
- Provide project management leadership and support to bring improvement ideas to life from project ideation, business case development, solution design, and through to project delivery and the implementation of key business and customer improvements (i.e. change management)
- Provide objective and strong planning and management functions including regular reporting and status updates to oversee, monitor and track project objectives, scope, progress, risks / issues and key deliverables
- Provide business analytics, process design / reengineering and process modelling support to ensure business problems are data-driven and that business solutions are robust, best-fit and viable
- Develop end-to-end business processes to support effective business solutions, and the identification of both business and technical requirements that will improve business operations and enhance customer outcomes
- Lead and support the implementation of business improvement initiatives and the delivery of customer and business outcomes across Council services which may impact one or many business units
- Establish, engage and foster strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure people remain engaged, energised, empowered and committed to continuously drive and deliver both customer and business outcomes at all levels of the organisation
- Identify insights, patterns and trends for business improvement across and for customer, business, people, process, technology and tools, in order to enable and drive continuous improvement across the Council
- Conduct and facilitate workshops, presentations and training sessions to drive a cultural change
- Work with managers to enable new business processes and systems, and embed the new way of working
- Monitor, report and escalate project risks, issues or problems to the appropriate level when required
- A minimum of 5 years' expereince in instigating, leading, managing and delivering business improvements, projects and cultural change within a large and complex environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills
- Resilient to shifting business priorities, demands and timelines
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Be highly motivated, flexible and able to work without supervision
To find out more about this opportunity contact Shelley Austin on 02 8986 3125 or apply now.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.