Director / Associate Director - Mergers & Acquisition
- Perth, Western Australia, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
- 19 Feb 18
See job description for details
- Leadership and career growth opportunity
- Market leading M&A /Investment banking team
- Perth based
KPMGâ€™s Perth based M&A team supports our public and private clients across a diverse range of industries to originate, structure, manage, de-risk and execute buy and sell-side transactions at both the corporate and asset levels. We are specifically seeking a high performing individual with strong deal origination and execution experience to be a leader in our mining practice.
Your new role
As an Associate Director/Director, you will be required to assist and lead a high performing team involved in advising across a broad client portfolio dealing in multiple commodities and markets, as well as playing a key role in the long term enhancement and tenure of our position within the market.
You will demonstrate a level of strong technical expertise and market credibility, including your ability to:
- Provide clients with strategic, financial and commercial advice spanning the full transaction cycle from initial strategy and/or concept through to execution and completion;
- Participate in national and global mining team forums, business pitches and opportunities;
- Advise on market leading transactions across a range of commodities and geographies;
- Lead the execution of asset and business sales engagements including detailed financial, pricing and valuation analysis;
- Developing an existing team of M&A specialist Managers, Executives and Analysts;
- Support the national and local M&A Partners to achieve the firmâ€™s financial and business objectives; and
- Lead business development and market facing activities that contribute to the winning of new engagements.
- High level of diversified experience ideally within the Australian mining industry and preferably with a Big 4, corporate development team and/or investment banking firm;
- A degree in business, commerce/accounting or a relevant discipline including CA and/or CFA qualifications;
- Exceptional networking and client skills coupled with the ability to successfully originate large business opportunities and develop engagement pipelines;
- Advanced stakeholder management skills and the ability to lead successful teams;
- Resilience and an ability to perform in a high pressure/fast-paced business environment; and
- Demonstrated mentoring, development and training of junior team members.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, a flexible and agile work practice that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online
Advertised: 30 Jan 2018 W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: 28 Feb 2018 W. Australia Standard Time