General Manager - Strategy
- base plus superannuation and incentive
- Perth, Western Australia, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Commonwealth Bank Australia
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
General Manager, Strategy – Perth based Helping drive Bankwest toward our 2020 goals :- In this role, you will lead the development and periodic review of Bankwest's overarching strategy, analyzing trends with a futuristic lens on the banking landscape. This role presents a unique opportunity to gain exposure to an end to end banking operation, while leveraging the CBA Group.
General Manager, Strategy – Perth based
Helping drive Bankwest toward our 2020 goals
In this role, you will lead the development and periodic review of Bankwest's overarching strategy, analyzing trends with a futuristic lens on the banking landscape. This role presents a unique opportunity to gain exposure to an end to end banking operation, while leveraging the CBA Group. Working in a dynamic team, we compliment the CBA brand in Australia by taking a differential approach to the market.
What Success looks like
The GM of Strategy reports into the Managing Director of Bankwest and is a member of the Bankwest Executive Team, accountable for representing Bankwest Strategy within the CBA Group.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing a team, develop and execute the Bankwest Strategy, including delivery of annual submission to the Group Strategic Planning Process
- Drive the bank's strategic agenda in the context of Group strategy, analysing competitive and industry positioning and formulate strategies to best position Bankwest
- Understand and lead critical thinking on various opportunities or threats for Bankwest
- Advise the Managing Director and Executive Leadership Team on matters of strategy concerning both the bank as a whole, and their individual divisions
- Build the Bankwest Brand through thought leadership as driven by ownership of the Economics function within Bankwest
- Involvement in special projects such as chairing the Portfolio Prioritisation Committee which works to optimise portfolio investment aligned to strategic objectives and accountability for the Risk Environment and Culture (REC) program.
What will help you succeed
- Experience in a senior strategic role within the financial services sector, with deep expertise in all facets of banking and ideally direct involvement in digital business initiatives and exposure to Agile development methodologies.
- Strategic thinker and ability to challenge preconceptions and ingrained thinking.
- Ability to think outside the square with strategic and analytical approach.
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement and relationship management skills and experience.
- Business and commercial acumen – understand business and aware of business drivers.
- Dynamic leader and people manager, able to create a vision and build shared purpose across the division.
You can be you
The people, businesses and communities we serve are wonderfully diverse. To reflect this, we're committed to hiring a similarly diverse workforce. With a focus on inclusion, accessibility and flexibility, we'll support you at every stage of your career.
Please apply online with a cover letter to be considered for this role. Our advertising closes on Monday 19th February 2018.