IT Service Technician
Excellent new long-term contract opportunity available for an experienced Technical Support Officer. Your new company
Growing company, largest provider in their field. This client is looking for an IT Service Technician to join their team in inner city areas. Your new role
The IT Service Delivery area is responsible for delivering first class service and IT support. The IT Service Technician role exists to provide the first second level onsite and remote desktop support to end-users associated with operating installed hardware and software.
Role responsibilities will include the following:
What you'll need to succeed
- Provide a high level of remote and face to face desktop technical support to users.
- Resolution of Incidents and Service Requests in accordance with agreed service levels.
- Ensure all hardware/software installations and routine upgrades are implemented according to Service Level Agreements and documented procedures.
- Provide customers a high level of service by ensuring incidents and requests are regularly and accurately updated; and realistic resolution times are provided.
- Support the IT Support Services Manager in improving existing processes; including identifying opportunities to increase first & second level resolution; and working to eradicate systematic problems.
- Provide an effective interface between users and service providers by supplying all necessary diagnostic information according to procedures.
- Ensure technical queries not progressing are escalated to relevant teams and/or management according to established procedures.
- Participate and contribute to ongoing team training and knowledge share sessions.
- Participate and assist infrastructure teams with system changes and projects.
- Ensure documentation relating to hardware and software is maintained, up to date, and communicated to the appropriate IT Service Management teams, using best practice procedures.
- Providing professional customer service in a fast paced corporate environment
- Maintaining Customer tickets accurately in a Service management system
- Conducting follow-up calls to ensure resolution has been effective
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Minimum 2 years of customer facing IT Support experience
- Drive for excellence in customer service
- Ability to manage multiple incidents and prioritise workload autonomously
- Sound questioning and troubleshooting skills
- Good time management and communication skills
- Desire to exceed expectations
- Tertiary education in an IT related area
What you'll get in return
- 1 year or more PC imaging/ software deployment
- 1 year or more of customer facing desktop support
- Some helpdesk experience (no minimum)
- Some non-IT customer service experience (considered very beneficial
A excellent long-term opportunity for the right candidate is on offer. This is a great opportunity to work with a large, well-established and reputable organisation. This role will suit an individual who enjoys working in a team environment. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Palida. LHS 297508