- Perth, Western Australia, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 20 Nov 17 2017-11-20
See job description for details
POSITION SUMMARY/OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management (MSWM) works with individuals and families to deliver services and solutions that help build, preserve and manage wealth. MSWM provides comprehensive wealth management services including strategic financial planning and customized investment advice in regard to domestic and international sectors.
As part of our continuing focus on providing clients with holistic advice we are looking for an experienced paraplanner to work within a team to assist with the formulation of strategies for high net worth clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of a wide range of statements of advice, financial modelling, detailed client analysis and liaising with third parties such as accountants, superannuation funds and insurance providers.
• Support revenue growth by working with Financial Planners to prepare comprehensive and compliant statements
of advice for new and existing clients.
• The statements of advice required will range from simple to complex strategies in the areas of wealth creation, tax
effective investment strategies, superannuation, retirement planning, risk management, estate planning and
• Ensure all statements of advice are completed in a timely, accurate and compliant manner.
• Preparation of comprehensive financial projections utilising Xplan and MS excel, calculations and research.
• Provision of technical support to the Financial Planners and remaining up to date on legislative and industry
• Provide the highest quality of service and constantly strive to enhance the integrity and reputation of the company.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
Technical / Specialist Skills / Industry Competencies
• Detailed technical knowledge across a broad range of financial planning strategies and holistic financial planning
strategy development including the advice areas of SMSF’s, superannuation and retirement planning, personal
insurance, investment structures, estate planning and philanthropy.
• Knowledge of the financial planning industry and legislative framework.
• Statement of advice preparation and construction.
• Experience utilising Xplan and MS excel for the construction of Statements of Advice including modelling/projections.
Personal attributes / Interpersonal skills
• Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong analytical and organisational skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
• Goal-oriented with demonstrated drive and initiative.
• Ability to build rapport at all levels, both internal and external.
• A passion for quality advice, accuracy and timeliness.
• Comply with the ethical standards contained within the Code of Conduct.
• Adhere to Company policies and procedures, regulatory and legislative requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
• University degree qualified in a related field (eg. commerce, economics, accounting).
• Completion or working towards completion of the Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning (1-8).
Minimum work experience required for this role
• Minimum two years paraplanning experience (in a similar role) with a particular focus on strategy development.
• Continuing professional development as required.
KEY BUSINESS RELATIONSHIPS
• Financial Planners
• Support staff
• Employees from other departments including Management, Operations, Legal, Compliance, Marketing
• Existing and potential clients
• Superannuation funds
• Insurance providers
• Strategic partners