Senior Quantitative Analyst | West Perth | Permanent | Full time
- cash + super + gym + cafeteria
- Perth, Western Australia, Australia Perth Western Australia AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Co-operative Bulk Handling
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Join the trading team at Australia's largest cooperative, where you'll develop sophisticated algorithmic models to enhance decision making and profitability.
The CBH Group is Australia’s largest co-operative and a leader in the Australian grain industry, with operations which extend along the value chain and include grain storage, handling, transport, marketing and processing. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to providing a safe and rewarding working environment for our people, with a strong culture of developing and enhancing our employees’ capabilities. We invite you to become part of a dynamic, diverse organisation with a bright future.
The Senior Quantitative Analyst role will be an integral member of the trading team developing sophisticated decision based algorithmic models from large data sets, both from internally and externally derived data to enhance the organisations trading (physical and derivatives), quality and logistic decision making. This role will be responsible for developing and analysing existing structured data sets as well as introducing unstructured data to provide unparalleled decision making opportunities for the trading group.
- Develop strategies to leverage existing internal and external data sources to enhance the trading group’s decisions
- Enhance the profitability of the trading group through idea generation and implementation of models that identify opportunities within markets.
- Work with the trading team and various stakeholders to develop solutions based on complex and challenging ideas/problems.
- Develop algorithmic models to provide analytical decision making tools.
- Source various internal and external data sets.
- Utilise and continually develop best practice principles in data analytics.
Skills and experience
- Post graduate qualification in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering or Science.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a quantitative and/or data analytical role preferably in a commodities or financial market related field.
- Good knowledge of various modelling algorithms, statistical tools and associated development environments
- Strong understanding of databases, data modelling and distributed computing environments
- Experience in development frameworks and processes
- Experience with deployment, performance monitoring and fine tuning of models.
- An ability to understand complex issues and develop/adapt analytical tools to provide resolutions.
- Continuous improvement focus;
- Excellent written communication skills - ability to prepare reports, business plans, and other documentation; and,
- Attention to detail and accuracy essential
Within the Marketing and Trading division we celebrate our diversity and recognise that our success is supported by embracing a culture of inclusion. We are committed to ensuring that the diversity of our team is reflected in non-traditional and leadership positions and creating an environment where innovation, collaboration and performance flourish and where everyone has opportunities for personal development and career growth
If this position is right for you, apply before close of business 28 February 2018. Alternatively, for further information please contact Rebecca Shipp on ph (08) 9237 9691. To find out more about working at CBH go to http://careers.cbh.com.au/.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date if sufficient applications are received prior.