Some career choices have more impact than others.
We're looking for progressive minds who are driven and forward-thinking, who are open to different ideas and cultures, who can network with stakeholders and colleagues and who'll work with courageous integrity every day.
As an HSBC employee in Australia, you'll have access to tailored professional development opportunities, competitive pay, an embedded flexible working culture and a range of employee benefits. These include market-leading subsidised private health cover, enhanced parental pay and support when returning to work, subsidised banking products and services and wellness programmes including discounted gym memberships.
Our ambition is to become Australia's #1 International Retail Bank, to focus on the internationalist customer and to build a progressive bank for the future. We are investing in long term growth including expanding our digital and technology capability to deliver a premium service to our customers. We currently have several new opportunities in our Technology team based in Sydney where you will be driving the fast-pace implementation of our Technology Strategy and Customer Solutions.
Working in the team you will be involved through the design thinking process; finding opportunities, researching and defining technology and digital solutions, and then building and delivering transformational change for our customers and people.
Reporting into the Head of Wealth & Personal Banking IT (WPB), you will be critical in positioning HSBC Australia for continued and long term sustainable growth by being responsible for end to end delivery of technology. The API Developer role will work on one of the multiple programmes/projects running to support prioritised business deliveries for HSBC Australia and or HSBC Global Responsibilities:
• Java development to coding standards including bank & industry standard patterns and practices.
• Working with Business Analysts to understand business requirements and how they translate into development delivery tasks.
• Estimating tasks in line with the definition of done
• Thorough unit test coverage, Test Driven Development/Behaviour Driven Development
• Code documentation
• Coaching of junior developers and peers
• Peer code reviews
• Contribute to support issues where required
• Active in Agile meetings when required for planning, retrospectives
• Active team player Qualifications Requirements:
• More than 5 years' technical skills and experience in software development using Java, Spring boot, MAVEN, ACE-D, Mule soft, Postman, IntelliJ, JAVA WEB system with UI technical skill React JS.
• Experience in API development, has knowledge in HSBC API development standards.
• Expertise and experience in systems like Mortgage system, My Workspace system, mobile development is advantage
• Experience in cloud technology is a plus
• Proven experience in an IT Development environment with in-depth Java specialisation.
• Experience in managing significant risks and problem resolution
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; experience of working with diverse teams
• Retail Banking Financial Product knowledge
• Experience within Financial Services.
• Working knowledge on Jira, Confluence, scripting and automation tools.
Candidates for this role will need to demonstrate they hold Australian or New Zealand PR/Citizenship or working rights given current international travel restrictions.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued and respected and where opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow in an inclusive environment.
Applications from First Nations peoples are encourage.
Learn more about careers at HSBC Australia - https://www.hsbc.com/careers/where-we-hire/australia
Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website. Issued by HSBC Bank Australia Limited. Please note that HSBC will we never communicate to applicants via non HSBC channels such as WhatsApp or Facebook so please be careful if anyone attempts to contact you via these channels.